As a member of the treatment team, the Substance Use Social Worker will carry a caseload of 8-12 clients and provide regular follow up, psychotherapy, case management, medication assistance, and crisis intervention. The Substance Use Social Worker will be responsible for providing:
· Evidence-based and harm reduction oriented substance use treatment, including individual and group sessions,
· Consultation and support to other team members on treatment approaches,
· Assistance to clients needing help accessing inpatient services,
· Good working relationships with inpatient service providers,
· Consultation with team medical staff on medical approaches for substance use treatment,
· Consultation with medical providers on serious medical issues related to substance use.