SOCIAL WORKER V
Natividad is seeking to fill a full-time Social Worker V - Bilingual position within the Medical Social Services Department. The incumbent will perform casework of an advanced nature in the most difficult social services areas, requiring the application of highly developed social services expertise and techniques. The Medical Social Work Department at Natividad assists patients and their families who are experiencing difficulties due to a health problem.
Examples of Duties:
• Develop a psychosocial assessment utilizing all available data in accordance with department policy and procedures regarding psychosocial assessment and patient care plan
• Develop psychosocial intervention plans within 24 hours of referral
• Provide individual, family and group counseling services in accordance with department policy and procedures in regard to psychosocial assessment and scope of social services
• Collaborate and consult with patients' family, physician, nursing, ancillary departments, discharge planners and community resources in planning a patient's discharge
• Provide a full range of clinic skills, including care plans, referrals, advocacy, support services and interdisciplinary and inter-agency collaboration
• Refer patients and hospital personnel to all available community service resources
Minimum qualifications include:
Possession of a Master's degree in Social Work from an accredited college or university AND at least one year of full-time experience performing social work case management as a Social Worker.
Possession of a Master's degree from an accredited two-year counseling program AND at least one year of full-time experience performing social work case management as a Social Worker.
Possession of a Master's degree in social or behavioral science, psychology, anthropology, sociology or counseling education AND two years of full-time experience performing advanced journey-level (equivalent to a MSS SW III) social work case management as a Social Worker.
Ideal candidates will have working knowledge of the principles of individual & group behavior; principles & techniques of interviewing and recording social casework; methods of psychosocial individual counseling; available social & health services through federal, state and local agencies; principles of group facilitation; current issues & socioeconomic conditions and trends related to public assistance; laws, rules and regulations governing the operation of social services agencies; community organization and the social problems calling for the use of public and private community resources; and physical & mental health and the impact on age specific personalities.