The Director of Care Management Services is accountable for all aspects of SAGE’s $1.5 million and expanding Care Management programming, throughout NYC. This role has overall responsibility for the Case Management team, including task supervision and overseeing contract management. The position directly supervises the Assistant Director of Care Management Services & other care management staff, while providing overall and in-depth guidance to all of Care Management Services. Hire and supervise Care Managers, who provide information & referrals in for services to clients with higher levels of need. Collaborate internally and with external providers to offer on-site programs and activities that promote health, wellness, and a vibrant community. Collaborate in reviewing and developing organizational framework of all Care Management’s programming provided by employees or volunteers.
- Evaluate, develop, implement and manage all programs under Care Management Services
- Ensure expected benchmarks and outcomes are met in compliance with all regulatory, government/other funders, and with SAGE requirements and expectations, of all Care Management programming
- Ensure complete and timely documentation of the services provided, within all paper and electronic resources and databases
- Represent the department at the Director level at meetings, and at other organizational functions.
- Serve on agency-wide Directors Group and other internal committees, supporting agency-wide initiatives
- Represent SAGE with pertinent government regulators & contacts, and on external committees or professional/networking groups, applicable to our Care Management and aligned programming
- Collaborate with Senior Director of Programs and Services, to create new program templates, as well as structures for replication of existing NYC-constituent services
- Liaise with community partners and consultants to assess proposals for new SAGE programming.
- Engage with internal stakeholders including and not limited to Finance and Development etc. to plan ahead of anticipated needs
Master’s Degree in applicable field, including and not limited to Social Work, Public Health, Gerontology, Nonprofit/Public Administration
-LMSW and/or SIFI (recommended)
- Strong and demonstrated salaried experience in a Director-level role over programming of a similar type or size
- Strong organizational skills with demonstrated track record of collaboration, leading and influencing progress of complex projects towards goal across a department and/or organization; understanding interrelationship between Programs, Development, Finance and other stakeholders, in ensuring successful outcomes
- Demonstrated project management ability, involving complex and sometimes unpredictable variables
- Familiarity with NYC DFTA, DOHMH, or similar NYC/NYS agencies and their systems/ processes
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and support of SAGE’s Mission and Core Values