This position is focused on providing the initial contact to residents of nursing home facilities and educating them on the rights and opportunities provided to them by the Colbert Consent Decree. The position is part of the Colbert Transition Team and will be dedicated to providing case management and advocacy to this population.
* Routinely interface with nursing home staff and residents to provide education about the Colbert Transition Program.
* Function as an advocate ensuring protection of an individual's rights while providing a training element to empower persons with disabilities to understand and protect those rights to live in the community.
* Use motivational interviewing skills to engage residents in the Colbert Transition Program.
* Develop a collaborative partnership with staff of the nursing home facilities to ensure constructive and positive interactions for staff and residents as the Colbert process is implemented by the team.
* Provide presentations to residents and family/guardians about the next steps in the Colbert process and the services available.
* Educate leadership at the nursing home facilities about the Colbert Consent Decree.
* Manage data for tracking and updating the appropriate parties.
* Bachelor's Degree is required; degree in Human Services preferred.
* Knowledge and/or experience in mental health services.
* Experience with mental health services community resource networking preferred.
* Minimum of one year's experience working with individuals with psychiatric disorders and working knowledge of the recovery model preferred.
* One year case management, linkage, outreach, and/or community support experience preferred.
* Ability to work in a variety of environments and willingness to provide services in location most convenient to the individual served.
* Valid Illinois driver's license and documentation of current auto insurance, with a good driving record and private transportation available.
* Proficiency in the use of computers and basic knowledge of Microsoft Word and Outlook applications, with good typing skills.