An 822 Clinic in Queens, licensed by the New York State Office of Alcoholism and Substance Abuse Services (OASAS), is seeking to hire a highly motivated, dedicated and experienced Associates Office Manager. The Associates Office Manager is expected to oversee day to day program operations (including payroll, general ledgers, office supplies, record keeping), ensure compliance with regulations (DOMH, HIPAA, OASAS), coordinate admission and discharge procedures, assist the program director in the hiring process and staff management, oversee support staff, and support clinical staff.
Good communication, interpersonal, organizational and time management skills are a must.
To assist the Program Director’s in maintaining day-to day program operations, and to oversee clerical and administrative duties performed by supporting staff.
Major Responsibilities and Duties:
1. Supervise support staff to ensure timely and proper completion of all clerical duties;
3. Ensure that all the staff completes the documentation required by the employer (weekly, monthly and quarterly reports, timesheets, reimbursement forms etc.);
4. Ensure the proper maintenance of files and filing system;
5. Maintain all record keeping for administration;
6. Purchase and manage office supplies;
7. Manage petty cash;
8. Managing all clerical responsibilities;
9. Provide Monthly Data Reporting assistance;
10. Submission of weekly reports of services.
11. Coordinate admissions and discharge procedures;
12. Assist Program Director’s and agency administration in hiring process;
13. Assist Program Director’s in other assigned tasks on a needed basis.
An Associate degree is required, Bachelor degree is preferred in business, management, human resources or related field with at least 2 years of experience in the field.
At least a bachelor’s degree in business, human resources, or finance is appropriate (with a curriculum in office technology, accounting, business mathematics, computer applications).
Must have at least 2 years of experience working in a management position and have an excellent track record in:
Office management, staff leadership, general accounting (general ledger, AP/AR, payroll), human resources, staff development, use of general office IT systems, knowledge of standard office software such as Microsoft Office Suite human resources, or business law).