This position is responsible for the day-to-day operation of assigned Community Integrated Living Arrangement (CILA) homes and supervision of ICILA Service Facilitators and/or Specialized Service Facilitators. This position requires 24-hour cell phone responsibility for staffing coverage and other house operation issues. It requires a flexible schedule including evenings, weekends, and some holidays.
* Responsible to ensure performance of job responsibilities in compliance with DHS Rule 115 and 116, CARF standards, Agency mission, Agency policy and procedure, program guidelines, and best practice.
* Participate in the hiring process of CILA Direct Support Persons including scheduling TABE tests and second interviews at the CILA homes.
* Schedule/conduct regular staff meetings and attend monthly Community Support Team Meetings for assigned homes.
* Responsible for scheduling of CILA staff. Ensure that staffing is appropriate to meet the needs of the individual(s) served, complies with regulatory and Agency requirements, and is within budgetary constraints. Approve time off per Agency policy; complete and submit employee time sheet reports for review.
* Monitor budgeted staff hours of each home, minimize overtime, and ensure hours are within budget on a weekly basis.
* Supervise daily activities of all Direct Support Persons including performance appraisals and disciplinary actions.
* Coordinate/develop weekly activity schedule and menu for the home.
* Remain accessible by cell phone for 24-hour emergency staffing coverage and house issues.
* Provide backup staff coverage in homes as needed for any permanent shift openings or emergency staff shortage. The CILA House Supervisor is responsible to work minimally one eight-hour shift per week providing direct support in one of their assigned homes.
* Rearrange schedule when needed and as requested by the CILA Operations Manager to help ensure that the needs of consumers are met while maintaining appropriate coverage at the home.
* Responsible for all consumers’ banking, including reconciling accounts, and submitting end of the month paperwork.
* High school diploma required.
* Minimum of one year of experience working with individuals with developmental disabilities.
* Prior experience in a residential setting is required; previous supervisory experience preferred.
* DSP Certification by DHS.
* Proficiency in a second language a plus, but not required.
* Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
* Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities.
* Proficient in the use of computers, software applications, and working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
* Valid driver’s license with a good driving record meeting Agency insurance provider coverage requirements. Insurance documentation for use of personal vehicle.
* Sertoma Centre provides service to “at risk populations” funded primarily by the State of Illinois. As such, the Agency is subject to compliance with the Healthcare Worker Background Check Act, hereafter referred to as the Act. Consequently, all employees are subject to employment eligibility conditions set forth in the Act, both now and in the future.
Application URL: http://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=ZGxhc2t5Ljc3NjE5LjQzNTZAc2VydG9tYS5hcGxpdHJhay5jb20