The Birth to Five Program focuses on the relationship between a caregiver and their young child. This program utilizes a variety of methodologies including Parent-Child Interaction Therapy (PCIT) to ensure positive outcomes for all clients. The goal in Birth to Five is not merely the short-term immediate changes in behavior, but rather the long-term patterns that will positively affect the family throughout a child's upbringing, often resulting in the caregiver identifying their own symptoms of trauma, anxiety and/or depression.
The Clinical Therapist, Birth to Five program is responsible for providing clinical services to children ages zero to five and their caregivers. Clinical Therapists in this role must have a passion for holistic family services and have a variety of approaches to work with young children and their adult caregivers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Reporting to the program supervisor, the Bilingual Clinical Therapist is responsible for the following:
• Performs intake assessments
• Formulates Client Treatment Plans
• Provides direct clinical work and therapeutic services to clients using a team and community-based approach.
• Fills out and maintains client-related paperwork, including federal- and state-mandated forms, client diagnostic records, and progress notes.
• Continually assesses the needs and symptoms of clients, formulating diagnosis, gathering history, and determining the most appropriate method(s) of providing treatment.
• Accurately documents all work with clients as measured by QA standards.
• Monitors and maintains documentation of client services, ensuring compliance with Agency policies and procedures, DMH contract and other related agencies standards and guidelines
• Submits timely documentation (progress notes, assessments, treatment plans, notes to chart) as outlined in policy.
• Participates in clinical/case supervision by coming prepared to discuss current caseload, documentation and productivity; accepts constructive feedback and direction; and puts feedback into clinical and therapeutic practice with clients.
VIP Community Mental Health Center, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants.
• Ph.D/Psy.D/MSW/MFT degree from an accredited university
• Current registration with the California Board of Behavioral Sciences (BBS) (AMFT, LMFT, ACSW, LCSW); unlicensed Ph.D./PsyD. is eligible for DMH waiver; must maintain CA BBS registration as a condition of employment.
• Must be fluent in English and Spanish
• Strong clinical and communication skills
• Able to collaborate effectively and professionally with all community partners, children, caregivers, supervisor and co-workers
• Strong computer skills, Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word and web-based Electronic Health Record software (Carelogic)
Apply Here: https://recruiting.paylocity.com/recruiting/jobs/Details/149102/VIP-Community-Mental-Health/Clinical-Therapist-Birth-to-Five-Program