Bill Wilson Center is a nationally and regionally recognized leader for providing services to at-risk youth and families. Our agency -- from our executive team to our line staff -- is committed to improving the lives and conditions of the people we serve. We provide direct services to more than 3,500 children, youth, young adults and families in Santa Clara County. BWC provides services that meet the cultural and linguistic needs of our whole community. We value our unique ethnic diversity as well as the LGBTQ community and non-able body community. Join us and become a difference maker at Bill Wilson Center! Find out more at http://www.billwilsoncenter.org/bwc_jobs/
We have a wonderful opportunity for a Family Advocate in our new program In-Home Outreach Team (IHOT) The Family Advocate partners with families participating in our In-Home Outreach Team to support families of adults with mental health challenges. The Family Advocate works as a peer advocate to increase empowerment in getting their needs met. The Family Advocate engages families in services and works with caregivers individually so they can better support their family member.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Provide non-judgmental, unconditional support to families participating in the program
• Act as a member of the team, designated as the individual support person to the family
• Support screening, assessment, and case planning services with the family
• Advocate on behalf of consumer and their family for necessary services
• Provide referral and linkage to supportive services such as NAMI, legal support, parent training, support groups, etc.
• Assist with coordinating and providing transportation for medical and mental health services, support groups, court hearings, or other pertinent treatment appointments/activities.
• Maintain accurate documentation and paperwork including, but not limited to, mental health notes, time sheets, petty cash, and mileage in a timely manner.
• Maintain a flexible schedule, which includes evenings and weekends as needed
• Participate in Quality Assurance/Quality Improvement activities and initiative
• Attend agency and other program meetings as appropriate.
• Participate in agency Safety initiatives and proactively report safety issues to management immediately
• Regular attendance is a requirement of the position.
• Other duties as assigned