Bill Wilson Center is a nationally and regionally recognized leader for providing services to at-risk youth and families. Our agency -- from our executive team to our line staff -- is committed to improving the lives and conditions of the people we serve. We provide direct services to more than 3,500 children, youth, young adults and families in Santa Clara County. BWC provides services that meet the cultural and linguistic needs of our whole community. We value our unique ethnic diversity as well as the LGBTQ community and non-able body community. Join us and become a difference maker at Bill Wilson Center! Find out more at http://www.billwilsoncenter.org/bwc_jobs/
We have a wonderful opportunity for a Outreach Counselor (RHY Street) at the Drop in Center. Under the supervision and direction of the Program Manager and Program Supervisor at the Drop in Center, the Outreach Case Manager will conduct street outreach throughout Santa Clara County and engage 150 at-risk and run-away homeless youth under the age of 21.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Conduct street outreach to areas frequented by street youth throughout Santa Clara County. Use Assessment and Intake forms as required by County and Continuum of Care.
• Provide youth connections to basic services that include food, showers, laundry etc.
• Link youth to services that include education, employment, housing, Mental Health, and medical.
• Provide case management that includes assessing for Human Trafficking and other risk- factors.
• If an outside referral is needed, the case manager will provide warm handoff to other providers where clients are referred.
• Ensure youth is developing a service plan that may include a long-term stabilization plan. Case Manager to ensure 40% of the youth will attain one goal on the service plan.
• Ensure 40% of youth are setting personal goals aimed at self-sufficiency.
• Ensure 35% of youth are attending Art of Success and other job readiness training sessions.
• Ensure 40% of youth will show improvements in life-skills (communication, conflict resolution, healthy coping skills, and setting personal boundaries) including increasing social and emotional well-being.
• Ensure 33% of youth will exit the streets to a safe and stable environment and increase self-sufficiency for Independent Living.
• Maintain statistical data and complete reports as appropriate. Enter ALL client data into AWARDS AND HMIS systems. Must maintain AWARDS and HMIS updated with all client information and data.
• Attend agency and other program meetings as appropriate.
• Participate in agency Program Quality Improvement activities and initiatives
• Participate in agency Safety initiatives and proactively report safety issues to management immediately
• Attend training as needed/appropriate
• Ensure that any BWC vehicles used are kept tidy and that any maintenance or safety issues are reported to the Facilities Manager immediately.
• Ensure that DIC site is neat and tidy and report all maintenance or safety issues to manger or Facilities Manager immediately.
• Regular attendance is a requirement of the position.
• Other duties as may be assigned.