Clinical Therapist, School Based Bilingual Spanish Program ($4,000 Bonus)|
VIP Community Mental Health Center, Inc.
<< Go back |
Email Job to a Friend
Save Job to Inbox
||Apr 25, 2022
||- n/a -
||- n/a -
||US - California - Los Angeles
The Clinical Therapist, School-Based program is responsible for providing clinical services to school-aged children referred through the Los Angeles County Department of Mental Health Services, a school partner, or other affiliated agency. This role will work in the field at a contracted K-12 school and may have other site visits required (home or similar setting).
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Reporting to the program supervisor, the Clinical Therapist is responsible for the following:
• Performs intake assessments.
• Formulates Client Treatment Plans.
• Provides direct clinical work and therapeutic services to clients using a team and community-based approach.
• Fills out and maintains client-related paperwork, including federal- and state-mandated forms, client diagnostic records, and progress notes.
• Continually assesses the needs and symptoms of clients, formulating diagnosis, gathering history, and determining the most appropriate method(s) of providing treatment.
• Accurately documents all work with clients as measured by QA standards.
• Monitors and maintains documentation of client services, ensuring compliance with Agency policies and procedures, DMH contract and other related agencies standards and guidelines.
• Submits timely documentation (progress notes, assessments, treatment plans, notes to chart) as outlined in policy.
• Participates in clinical/case supervision by coming prepared to discuss current caseload, documentation and productivity; accepts constructive feedback and direction; and puts feedback into clinical and therapeutic practice with clients.
• Establishes and maintains rapport and effective working relationships with clients; works effectively within the Agency and community.
• Maintains knowledge of program standards and policies as developed by VIP-CMHC and other governing bodies.
• Maintains confidentiality over all information regarding clients, families, and operations of the Agency.
• Maintains professional relationship with clients, staff, and other outside stake holders at all times and exercises good judgment in the performance of duties and responsibilities.
• Participates in VIP in-service training programs.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Ph.D/Psy.D/MSW/MFT degree from an accredited university.
• Must be fluent in English and Spanish.
• Strong clinical and communication skills.
• The ability to relate effectively and professionally with children, supervisor, co-workers and staff.
• Strong computer skills, Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word and web-based Electronic Health Record software (CareLogic).
• Well organized, detail oriented and skilled with time/task management, able to adapt to frequent changes.
• Working knowledge of community resources that address the special needs of the client base.
• Ability to provide field-based work.
• Strong problem-solving skills.
• Must be willing to submit to a background investigation.
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States.
• Current registration with the California Board of Behavioral Sciences (BBS) (AMFT, LMFT, ACSW, LCSW); unlicensed Ph.D./PsyD. is eligible for DMH waiver; must maintain CA BBS registration as a condition of employment.
BENEFITS & PERKS
• Medical, Dental, Vision, Basic Life, Flexible Spending Accounts, and Supplemental Insurance.
• 401(k) plan / Profit Sharing.
• 12 paid holidays per year.
• $4,000 Bonus
• Generous paid time off accrual.
• Travel reimbursements at IRS rate.
• Bilingual (Spanish) differential
• Cell phone provided for business use.
• Fully paid EBP training opportunities, including TF-CBT, MAP, PPP, IY Seeking Safety, IPT, PCIT, and ICBT.
Please apply by selecting the URL below.