Case Manager - THP Swing Shift|
Bill Wilson Center
View this organization's profile and their additional job openings
<< Go back |
Email Job to a Friend
Save Job to Inbox
||Feb 21, 2020
||- n/a -
||Depending on experience
||US - California - San Jose
||- n/a -
We have an immediate opportunity for a Case Manager for our Transitional Housing Program. This is a hands-on position that provides important oversight of housing as well as trauma-informed services to clients. Reporting to the THP Program Manager, the Case Manager is responsible for co-facilitating parenting groups and ensuring appropriate and timely services are delivered to young adults in all the THP programs. This includes preparation for independent living. Provides hands-on oversight of the houses to ensure safety, cleanliness and compliance with HUD regulations.
Swing Shift Schedule 3:00 pm to Midnight Tuesday through Saturday
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Program outreach, assist with program referrals and waitlist services.
• Conduct Intake and assessments.
• Provide support to clients that assists them in meeting case management goals.
• Assist youth in skills-building including independent living skills and parenting skills.
• Monitor chores and housing conditions (residence) to ensure safety and/or cleanliness issues are addressed in a timely manner.
• Perform cleaning/chores with the youth as needed to maintain home in acceptable condition.
• Co-facilitate weekly psycho/educational parenting groups
• Rotate between the 8 THP sites to provide program support and supervision.
• Provide referral assistance to legal services (Bay Area Legal Aid, LACY, etc.), health services, drug and alcohol services and mental health services.
• Utilize community resources to meet needs of youth in the program.
• Ensure documentation and statistics are entered into AWARDS electronics health record or HMIS as required and within given deadlines.
• Maintain statistical data and complete reports as appropriate.
• Complete program and financial documentation according to program and agency standards and deadlines. Ensure full compliance with Financial Safeguard policies in reconciling advances, gift cards, etc.
• Attend agency and other program meetings as appropriate.
• Work with outside agencies to ensure quality of care for youth and their children.
• Provide guidance to volunteer resident mentors
• Approve visitors and visitor passes – inform visitors of house rules. Approve and sign overnight passes.
• Conduct room searches as appropriate and related to program safety.
• Ensure cleanliness and tidiness at THP sites. Report maintenance issues to manager or Facilities Manager immediately.
• Coordinate with Program Manager and on-call Case Manager when issues arrive during regular shift.
• May participate in 24 hour on-call rotation depending on needs of program.
• Participate in agency Program Quality Improvement Activities and initiatives
• Participate in agency Safety initiatives and proactively report safety issues to management immediately
• Regular attendance and punctuality is required.
• Other duties as may be assigned.
Bachelor's degree Counseling, Social Work or related field from four-year college or university; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Experience working with culturally diverse youth and parenting youth required. Valid CA drivers license with access to a personal vehicle with current Ins. Fingerprinting, TB test & CPR/First Aid required.
For consideration, please submit cover letter and resume to:
FAX: (408) 244-4022
Please indicate which job you are applying for in subject line.
For a full job description please visit - http://www.billwilsoncenter.org/bwc_jobs/