The Family Center is a not-for-profit organization proving social, legal and mental health services to families affected by a myriad of destabilizing factors. The Family Center has been the pioneer in the design and research of health care coordination and education, permanency planning and advocacy services that address the many issues that challenge families.
The Family Center (TFC) is partnering with the Bedford Stuyvesant Restoration Corp (BSRC), a community based provider, on the implementation of Connections to Care – a program that integrates mental health supports into social service agencies working with low-income New Yorkers. As part of this partnership, The Family Center will serve as the mental health provider.
The Connections to Care Clinical Social Worker will provide clinical supervision to a social worker and social work interns on staff at BSRC. The Clinical Social Worker will also provide training to BSRC staff on specific mental health care practices. The Clinical Social Worker will report to The Family Center’s Mental Health Clinic Director.
• Provide clinical supervision to LMSW hired by BSRC and MSW student interns.
• Provide training and coaching for staff of the Economic Solutions Center of BSRC in specific mental health care practices including screening, psychoeducation, mental health first aide and motivational interviewing.
• Provide coaching and implementation support for Care Coordination, including quarterly interdisciplinary case review meetings.
• Provide coaching on task-shifting of reflective supervision, coaching and training to BSRC staff.
• Provide short-term direct client general counseling for clients identified by BSRC and facilitate referral to TFC for longer term clinical support.
• Maintain appropriate documentation of work including supervision notes, tracking of coaching/training sessions, and care coordination notes and progress notes for all clinical services provided directly to clients.
• Participate in learning network meetings, periodic check-in meetings, annual conference and site visits by program funder.
• Special projects as requested.
• Advanced degree in Social Work
• Licensed Clinical Social Worker (State of New York)
• Familiarity with the following mental health care practices: screening, psychoeducation, mental health first aide and motivational interviewing. Demonstrated success using these practices preferred. Strong preference for those who have previous experience training others in these practices.
• Ability to work as part of a team.
• Facilitate clinical referrals from BSRC to TFC as necessary.
• SIFI certification to serve as a field instructor for BSW/MSW interns
• Position is 8-10 hours per week.
Please email resume with cover letter that includes salary requirements to email@example.com and put “Clinical Social Worker – Connections to Care Project” in subject line.
The Family Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The Family Center is cover under FMLA