CASE PLANNER / COURT-ORDERED SUPERVISION|
The Family Center
<< Go back |
Email Job to a Friend
Save Job to Inbox
||Sep 03, 2019
||- n/a -
||- n/a -
||US - New York - Brooklyn
||- n/a -
The Family Center is seeking a dedicated professional with strong analytical skills to deliver the Family Connections intervention to Brooklyn families on court-ordered supervision (COS). Family Connections is a multi-faceted community-based program that works with vulnerable families, in their homes, to help them meet the basic needs of their children to prevent child maltreatment and achieve safety, well-being, and permanency outcomes. The Court-Ordered Supervision program (FC-COS) will provide dedicated and enhanced services to these families in order to improve safety for children, reduce the length of time on court-ordered supervision and reduce the likelihood for repeated maltreatment. The Case Planner reports to the Program Supervisor. The Family Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
• Strict adherence to the Family Connections Model modified for use with families on court ordered supervision (FC-COS)
• Compliance with Agency Protocols and ACS Contract mandates
• Maintain a caseload of no more than 8 Brooklyn families enrolled in COS
• Complete all assessments to aide in the creation of outcome driven service plans that reinforce safety for children, reduce/eliminate risk for maltreatment, utilize program enhancements, and promote access to ancillary services that reduce length of stay in COS
• Meet face-to-face in home/community/office at least weekly with all families on caseload, and participate in all family court hearings and family team conferences
• Provide written court reports and collaborate with Family Service Unit (FSU) and Family Court Legal Services (FCLS) to prepare for all family court hearings
• Educate families on how behavior/conditions are impacting family functioning
• Provide case work counseling services that assess in-home family functioning, stability, and level of engagement in services and the degree of behavior change in relation to safety/risk factors that prompted the referral
• Complete safety and risk assessments following ACS contract FC-COS mandates
• Actively participate in weekly supervision and team meetings, and in in-service training
• Maintain case records documenting all activities for all families on caseload
• Maintain collaborative relationships with FSU DCP, FCLS, and community partners to ensure that families receive appropriate referral and linkages to other service providers
• Ensure CONNX and PROMIS entries are up-to-date, accurate and submitted on time
• Ensure all documentation (FASP, CFA, Service Plan, court reports, and progress notes) are clear and concise, and submitted within established time frames
• Follow supervisory directives
• Other duties as assigned
• BSW or a Bachelor’s Degree in human services field required
• Post-BA experience working with families and children required
• Computer literacy and strong verbal and written communication skills required
• Some knowledge of child welfare system preferred
• Experience working within an evidence based model preferred
• Highly organized
• Flexibility in schedule
• Bilingual Spanish & English required.
Please email a resume, cover letter with salary requirements to email@example.com.
Please put the words "Case Planner – COS,” in the subject line of the e-mail.
The Family Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The Family Center is covered under FMLA.
• Health and Dental Benefits
• 403(B) Retirement Plan
• Four Weeks’ Annual Leave
• Tuition Reimbursement Program
• Long Term Disability Plan
• Flexible Spending Account
• TransitChek Program
State/Province: New York
Country: United States