Ready to work and be rewarded ? Be part of an expanding organization with a great mission ? Make a long-term investment in yourself and commitment to a great cause ? If so, please read on and respond with detailed and complete information as requested.
Northern NJ disability services agency is looking for an Independent Living Specialist to provide a full range of independent living and disability-related services
for consumers with disabilities in the Passaic & Essex Co. areas. Position involves provision of mandated services across several program areas.
Knowledge of the ADA and disability issues required. Employment services skills and knowledge of public workforce system preferred.
Strong telephone, research, documentation and computer skills required.
Essential Job functions:
1. Oversee and assist persons with disabilities and families to access community based supports and services through specific public programs.
2. Implementation of independent living plans and ongoing service provision.
3. Provide case file management and documentation, including research related to specified field.
4. Attend all staff meetings and required staff trainings.
5. Support consumers with comprehensive individual advocacy.
6. Various other duties as assigned by immediate supervisor and Executive Director.
7. Participates in monthly program activities and other activities at the discretion of the Executive Director.
8. Timely and accurate preparation of reports for specific funders/programs.
Related Job Functions:
1. Assists in providing information and referral to consumers, their families, and the general public.
2. Conduct outreach efforts to raise community awareness of independent living for people with disabilities.
3. Provide statistical and other input for the development of annual reporting and long-range plans.
4. Evening work and other duties based upon agency need.