BILINGUAL CASE PLANNER
The Family Center is seeking a dedicated professional with strong analytical skills to deliver the Family Connections intervention to Brooklyn families. Family Connections is a multi-faceted community-based program that works with vulnerable families, in their homes, to help them meet the basic needs of their children to prevent child maltreatment and achieve safety, well-being, and permanency outcomes. The Case Planner reports to the Program Supervisor.
• Strict adherence to the Family Connections Model
• Complete comprehensive assessments to identify the strengths & needs of all family members
• Utilize various clinical assessment tools to aide in the creation of outcome driven service plans that reinforces safety for children & reduces or eliminates risk
• Maintain weekly face to face contact with the family in the home/community/office in accordance with program contract
• Provide weekly individual and/or family counseling sessions to a caseload of 10 families in Brooklyn.
• Educate family on how behavior/conditions are impacting family functioning
• Provide case work counseling that continually assesses the family, the family’s level of engagement in services, the degree of behavior change in relation to safety/risk factors that prompted the PPRS referral & the level of in home family functioning & stability.
• Complete safety and risk assessments in accordance with ACS Contract mandates & FC Model
• Actively participate in Family Team Conferences, weekly supervision, weekly team/staff meetings and in-service training
• Maintain case record of all case management activities for all 10 families on caseload
• Maintain collaborative relationships with ACS Field offices and other community partner organizations to ensure that families receive appropriate referral and linkages to other service providers.
• Ensure entries into CONNECTIONS & PROMIS are up-to-date, accurate and submitted within expected time frames
• Prepare all assessments (FASP’s, Plan amendments, CFA, Service Plan, EOC), & progress notes, in a clear and effective manner, in accordance with agency protocol & within established time frames.
• Maintain compliance with Agency Protocols and ACS Contract
• Work effectively in a team environment and independently in the field, taking responsibility for agency assigned devices such as laptops and cell phones.
• Utilize individual and unit data collected by the city, state, federal, FC Model Fidelity and agency data in order to measure/monitor performance and ensure that all outcomes are being met.
• Follow supervisory directives
• Other duties as assigned
• Applicant must have a BSW or a Bachelor’s Degree in human services field & post BA experience working with families and children.
• Some knowledge of child welfare systems & counseling experience with children & families
• Experience working within an evidence based model, as strong plus
• Computer literate & have strong verbal & written communication skills.
• Flexibility in schedule & be highly organized
• Bilingual Spanish & English required.