Harlem Dowling seeks a qualified professional for their Queens location.
Under the broad supervision of the Director of Jamaica Preventive Services, this position is responsible for the overall casework supervision of child welfare preventive services in Jamaica Queens and service delivery for children and families referred to preventives services by ACS, community providers and self referrals. The scope of these responsibilities include but are not limited to staffing the program, staff development and training, an array of social services and program accountability for children and families in the program.
Responsibilities include the overall casework supervision, management and accountability for the Preventive Services Program in Jamaica Queens. Provides leadership, guidance, supervision and direction to program staff in the overall supervision of program services. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Directly manages the program staff including, hiring, and training and supervision of casework staff.
• Ensures adequate staffing and supervision of the program.
• Assumes responsibility for the overall casework supervision of the program in accordance with ACS and OCFS standards.
• Oversees through the supervision of program staff compliance with ACS program standards and implements service initiatives for the program to meet all programmatic requirements, including but not limited to: timely intakes, client engagement, contact requirements, goal achievement, timely service plans, Uniform Case Recording and appropriate casework documentation.
• Monitors and manages program census and utilization. Ensures program compliance with data collection and statistical reporting, including but not limited to timely completion and submission of the Monthly Progress Report (MPR).
• Reviews and approves all intake and discharge plans.
• Completes internal and external management reports as required.
• Special projects and tasks as assigned by the Director of Manhattan Preventive Services
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of a Masters Degree in Social Work or related field. At least two to five years supervisory experience in foster care preventive services or related field. Bilingual Preferred.
A comprehensive health insurance package including medical and dental. Vision plan paid for you and your family.
Employer-paid life insurance and long-term disability insurance
403B retirement benefits and employer contribution
Generous paid time off (vacation, sick, 10 paid holidays)
Comprehensive Training to support professional and personal development
Employee Assistance Program through Magellan Healthcare
Leave Management Services
Harlem Dowling does not discriminate against any employee, prospective employee or contractor because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, marital status, veteran status, genetic predisposition, domestic violence victim status, criminal conviction history or any other protected classification under federal, state or local law.
Apply online and see full job description