About Peer Health Exchange
Founded in 2003, Peer Health Exchange (PHE) is a national non-profit organization that aims to build healthier communities with young people. In schools and online, PHE creates education opportunities for peers to share the tools and resources young people need to make healthy decisions. Near-peer Health Facilitator Fellows implement PHE’s health curriculum to 12,000 high school students in under resourced communities across the country. PHE’s online platform, selfsea.org , reaches over 200,000 young people 13-18 with support, resources, and stories. Selfsea was designed together with young people as a safe digital place where they can see themselves reflected within a supportive and inclusive community that prioritizes their identity and experiences about mental health, sexual health, and beyond. Our mission is critical, our team is diverse, and our work is vibrant. Check us out on TikTok (@peerhealthexchange)!
About the Role
As the Director, Digital Wellbeing you will develop and manage policies, procedures, and trainings to ensure safe user engagement on the selfsea app. Additionally, you will be responsible for overseeing direct reports, fellows and coordinators, supporting our efforts in creating a digital place where our youth can see themselves reflected within a supportive and inclusive community that prioritize their identity and experiences about mental health, sexual health, and beyond. You will report directly to the AVP, Digital Impact.
About the Community Partnerships Team
The Community Partnerships team promotes equity in access to health education by supporting and amplifying youth voice thru the regional Youth Advisory Boards and partnering with schools and communities across the county to deliver a culturally responsive curriculum in service of young people.
Here’s what you will do as part of our team:
Monitor and Training
- Develop, maintain, evaluate, and update safety policies, including on restorative moderation, to ensure a safe and positive experience for users and moderators; partner with outside counsel on revision of these policies as needed
- Develop and facilitate scalable enforcement and escalation workflows to ensure user safety, including crisis management
- Develop and oversee support systems for Digital and Community Impact team volunteers and moderators
- Collaborate with the product team to develop systems to effectively and efficiently monitor selfsea (app) youth and near-peer conversations and to continue to evolve the product to meet users’ needs
Staff Management/Leadership and Management
- Manage and develop direct reports (Sr. Manager, Volunteer Experience and Digital Wellbeing Fellows/Coordinators) to a sustained high level of performance through coaching, mentorship, etc. to ensure that they are constantly acquiring new skills, as well as enhancing and growing their current skills
- Create, in partnership with Talent Team and AVP, Digital Impact, selfsea plans, practices, and structures—including effective onboarding-- for rapidly and safely scaling this team to meet user demand for selfsea
- Foster collaborative relationships between the Digital Impact team and the rest of PHE and monitor Team health and culture
- Exemplify to PHE’s core values and advance PHE’s vision for health equity in all aspects of our work, internally and externally