The Lake County Council on Aging is seeking an energetic individual for a challenging position as Social Worker with skill to execute the following:
- Provide a full spectrum of social work services for older adult clients, their families and caregivers, which include conducting initial assessments, developing, implementing, evaluating and revising comprehensive care plans, referring clients to appropriate service providers, conducting follow-up as needed and coordinating and maximizing services received.
- Conduct initial and periodic follow-up evaluations and assessments of older adults' physical, mental and emotional well-being via home visits, personal interviews.
- Develop a comprehensive care plan; balancing recommendations for services and providers needed to safeguard or enhance the well-being and independence of older adult clients with respect for the clients' right of self-determination.
- Evaluating and modifying plans as needed.
- Refer clients to appropriate service providers; monitoring and coordinating provision of services to ensure maximum benefit to the client; follow-up as needed.
- Notify and involve appropriate entities or individuals as may be legally or ethically necessary to ensure the clients' well-being.
- Meet and confer with family members or significant others as requested.
Extremely Competitive Benefit Package: Paid lunch break, generous accrual for vacation and sick time, comprehensive offering of Health, Dental & Vision available to employee and dependents, updated offices, training room and break areas, and safe, well-illuminated parking lot just steps to your office!
Job Type: Full-time
Expected hours: 40 per week
Paid time off
8 hour shift
Monday to Friday
Ability to Relocate:
Mentor, OH 44060: Relocate before starting work (Required)
Work Location: In person