<< Go back
Email Job to a Friend
Save Job to Inbox
|Jan 12, 2024
|- n/a -
|160000 - 190000
|US - California - Santa Ana
|- n/a -
Project Youth OC is an independent 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization with the mission to keep at-risk Orange County youth in school, healthy and drug-free through education, counseling, mentoring, and family strengthening.
Project Youth OC’s vision is to empower youth and their families to make positive choices, building the foundation for a lifetime of opportunity and success. Serving 1,500 youth in Orange County each year, the organization o?ers unique effective programming that helps young people and families better navigate tough situations. Project Youth OC is a one-stop center for integrated prevention and intervention services that offer juvenile crime diversion, educational mentoring, health education, substance abuse treatment, and mental health services. Project Youth OC also provides college readiness and job development programs for youth, as well as family strengthening and health education resources, believing second chances and healthy choices are more readily achieved when the whole family is involved and focused on a positive future.
For more information, please visit www.projectyouthocbf.org.
The Executive Director provides strategic direction and overall leadership to Project Youth OC by articulating vision, setting goals, strengthening culture, and empowering the leadership team. The Executive Director is responsible for ensuring that the organization’s fiscal, operational, fundraising, marketing, human resources, technology, and program strategies are effectively implemented throughout the organization. Reporting to the Board of Directors, the Executive Director manages the annual operating budget of approximately $2 million and 20 full-time staff through four Associate Directors.
Competitive candidates will bring:
• A track record of excellence in senior leadership positions, ideally from youth-serving community-based nonprofit organizations recognized for their commitment to clients and providing exemplary and impactful programs.
• Excellent relationship-building skills and success in forming strong community partnerships.
• An ability to recruit, develop, inspire, and collaborate with a diverse staff, and a management philosophy that supports a positive team culture, high performance as well as employee development and retention.
• Demonstrated successful experience in fundraising, program development and board relations.
• A degree in nonprofit management, public administration, business administration, or a related field is preferred. However, a demonstrated successful track record serving in a leadership position of a similar community-based organization will be considered of equivalent value to a degree.
COMPENSATION & ADDITIONAL CONSIDERATIONS
The annual salary range for this position is $160,000 to $190,000 plus benefits. Project Youth OC staff are currently working on a hybrid in-person/remote schedule. The Executive Director is expected to have a regular presence in the office and be available for frequent in-person meetings with staff, Board members, donors, and community members.