Measurement and Monitoring
The Department of Children and Families (DCF), Office of Applied Research & Evaluation (OARE) seeks a candidate with strong management skills and methodological expertise in program monitoring and evaluation to provide leadership and oversight over the Office’s work to develop tools and methodologies for monitoring DCF’s portfolio of community-based contracted services.
* Collaboratively develop and implement a strategic plan for the development and validation of monitoring tools for DCF’s community-based contracted services.
* Maintain a collaborative process with program division leadership and DCF’s provider networks to develop quality standards and metrics for program monitoring.
* Oversee a teaming structure that crosses multiple DCF operational offices to ensure coordination of work processes and deliverables.
* Provide technical guidance, expertise, and quality oversight for tool development and validation methods.
* Partner closely with the Office of Data Management and Reporting and Office of Monitoring to develop data collection and reporting strategies.
* Provide recommendations and strategic updates to DCF leadership.
* Manage daily workflows and processes.
* Ensure timely delivery of high-quality monitoring tools and scorecards to DCF leaders and program stakeholders.
* Manage a team of research staff in a high-volume, fast-paced environment.
EDUCATION: Master’s from an accredited college or university in a related discipline.
EXPERIENCE: Six (6) years of full-time experience in a field appropriate to the position.
SPECIAL NOTE: Successful candidates will have at least six (6) years of experience in research, evaluation and/or data analytics in the fields of public health, social work, child welfare, health services, behavioral health or epidemiology and three (3) years of experience providing direct oversight and supervision to junior staff.
PUBLIC SERVICE LOAN FORGIVENESS: As a prospective employee of the State of New Jersey, you may be eligible for federal loan forgiveness programs and state repayment assistance programs. For more information, please visit the U.S. Department of Education’s website at StudentAid.gov/PSLF.
SAME APPLICANTS: If you are applying under the NJ “SAME” program, your supporting documents (Schedule A or B letter), must be submitted along with your resume by the closing date indicated above. For more information on the SAME Program visit their Website at: https://nj.gov/csc/same/overview/index.shtml, email: CSC-SAME@csc.nj.gov, or call CSC at (609) 292-4144, option 3.
RESIDENCY LAW: Refer to https://www.nj.gov/dcf/about/employment/dcf/.
SALARY: Commensurate with education and experience.
Submit a cover letter and resume as a single PDF document, saving the file by your Last Name, First Name. Indicate in your cover letter the Posting # and where you found this job opportunity and send to:
Equal Opportunity Employer