Social Worker (Housing Program Specialist)
View this organization's profile and their additional job openings
<< Go back
Email Job to a Friend
Save Job to Inbox
|Jan 04, 2024
|$30 - $35 per hour
|US - New York - Brightwaters
|- n/a -
Job Location: Remote
Position Type: Part Time – Approximately 15 hours per week
Travel: Local Travel Required
Autism Communities works to develop inclusive and safe living opportunities for people on the autism spectrum. The Housing Program Specialist will be responsible for all daily tasks related to our housing candidacy program as well as our resident liaison services. This person will actively participate in the broadening of our housing program and the development of new and creative housing opportunities.
This position requires excellent assessment and interpersonal skills as well as initiative and creative problem-solving abilities.
MSW required plus 3 to 5 years professional related experience. Experience in developmental disabilities, self-direction and housing preferred.
• Review, assess and evaluate all incoming candidate applications for suitability.
• Respond to all candidate inquiries and conduct initial contact as warranted.
• Make recommendations to Resident/Candidate Committee as to viability of candidates and as to next steps for each candidate.
• Review and assess all candidate background information and report findings to committee in making final decisions.
• Conduct wellness visits for current residents and report to committee.
• Assess circumstances for any concerns or issues brought to AC’s attention regarding current residents. Develop and initiate action plan in response to circumstance and in conjunction with committee guidance when needed.
• Design, implement and coordinate backstop program with committee guidance.
• Actively participate in evaluating future housing opportunities for compatibility with candidate profiles.
• Regularly interact with resident circles providing support and guidance as needed.
• Network with various agencies and other non-profits to promote AC’s mission and to develop pathways for potential candidates to be directed to AC. (e.g., care coordination organizations, self-directed brokers, community-based organizations serving the autism/IDD community).
• Performs all other duties as assigned.
Perform tasks autonomously; demonstrates initiative and leadership for assigned tasks; creative problem-solving skills; excellent written and verbal skills; ability to work effectively with individuals and groups; organizational skills; computer proficiency; proven ability to perform assessments of clinical population; ability to perform comprehensive documentation review and offer recommendations on findings; ability to evaluate and assess residential issues and provide recommendations.
No benefits, work from home but also work in the community is required (liaison visits, attending Club AC occasionally, etc.) Long Island residency is required.
Name: Doreen Jaggs
Address: PO Box 459
State/Province: New York
Country: United States