The World Childhood Foundation USA (WCF-USA) is currently accepting applications for the Director of Development.
Founded in 1999 by Her Majesty, Queen Silvia of Sweden, WCF-USA has worked persistently to ensure that all children have a childhood free from violence, exploitation and sexual abuse. WCF-USA works to develop solutions focused on both prevention and recovery, supporting programs throughout the US that focus on children who are disproportionately affected by child sexual abuse and exploitation.
The Director of Development (DOD) serves as a key leadership team member and works collaboratively with WCF-USA's Executive Director, Board, staff, volunteer committees, and consultants to lead the fundraising efforts of the organization.
Essential Job Functions:
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Leadership and direction for individual giving, corporate and foundation support, special events, product partners, development operations, budget oversight, and coaching of staff.
- Develop big picture strategic approaches to fundraising with internal and external teams.
- Create and implement plans to meet annual revenue targets, identifying strategies to address any potential shortfalls.
- Identify, cultivate and solicit a variety of donors, prospects and other constituencies to diversify and grow WCF-USA’s donor base.
- In collaboration with the Executive Director, lead and inform the Board of Directors of fundraising strategy, activities, achievements and issues.
- Oversee all marketing and agency communications, including website content and the annual report.
- Oversee content development and calendar for all donor services.
- Bachelor’s degree required; advanced degree preferred in nonprofit management or business administration.
- At least 10 years of experience in donor cultivation and solicitation with a demonstrated capacity to manage relationships with individual and corporate donors.
- Track record of securing five and six figure gifts
- Experience with special event fundraising
- Minimum 5-7 years’ experience with budget management and supervision of staff.
- Prior experience working in a fast-paced environment managing multiple demands and priorities.
- Experience of working closely with Board members and a high-net philanthropic community.
- Experience with online fundraising a plus.
Salary range of $100-110K, commensurate with experience. Excellent benefit package, including health insurance (medical, dental and vision), 401K plan with match, life insurance, and generous vacation/personal day leave.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send your resume, cover letter, writing sample and salary requirements via email to Carla Davis at firstname.lastname@example.org