Under the supervision of the Behavioral Health Director, the Office Support Staff will work with adult participants and family members (if applicable) in a Full Service Partnership program focused on Vietnamese population in Orange County to serve clients who have severe and persistent mental illness (SPMI). The Adult FSP program provides culturally and linguistically competent, family-centered, strength-based, and need-driven models of care, where enrollees identify their needs and strengths while working with care teams as equal partners.
• Provide office support to the Behavioral Health Director and perform general office duties to ensure program efficiency and effectiveness.
• Receive, direct and relay telephone messages and fax messages.
• Direct the general public to the appropriate staff member.
• Pick up/deliver mails, open and date stamp all general correspondences.
• Maintain the general filing system and file all correspondence.
• Assist in the planning and preparation of meetings, conferences and conference telephone calls.
• Maintain an adequate inventory of office supplies, make necessary purchases, track program supplies and inventories.
• Respond to public inquiries and follow up in a timely manner.
• May perform other duties or conduct special projects as directly by the program leadership team.
• Bachelor’s Degree and strong computer skills.
• Bilingual and bicultural is required.
• High attention to detail and commitment to high quality work.
• Strong reading comprehension and analytical skills.
• Active listening and assessment skills.
• Ability to keep accurate records and prepare reports.
• Must have excellent networking and communication skills.
• Must possess interpersonal skills and ability to maintain professional boundaries.
• Able to work independently as well as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
• Ability to work in a multidisciplinary team inclusive of internal/external staff, community agencies, participants, family members, and etc.
• California Driver License, proof of car insurance, and reliable transportation.
• Ability to do some travel for conferences, meetings, and trainings.
• Occasional weekend, evening and on-call hours as needed. Ability to work flexible schedule.
• Verification of employment eligibility and background check required.
• Regular attendance required.
• Demonstrate knowledge of and sensitivity to diverse cultures
• Ability to be flexible and take initiative
Environmental Conditions (Working Conditions): Duties to be performed in an office environment which may include shared space, exposed to weather conditions and noise level prevalent at the times when performing community-based duties.
Physical Requirement:In the course of performing this job, the incumbent typically spends time sitting, standing, driving, walking, typing, filing, listening and speaking.
Mental Requirement:The incumbent in this position must be able to accommodate to any/all of the following: tolerance for distractions and interruptions. Uncontrollable changes in priorities/work schedules; be able to process information, think, and conceptualize.