New Alternatives for Children, Inc. (NAC) is an award-winning not-for-profit agency in Midtown Manhattan, with a satellite Bronx office, dedicated to serving children and families with medical complexities, chronic illnesses, and disabilities throughout the five boroughs. To assist in achieving this mission, NAC is currently seeking a Bachelor's-Level Case Planner, Specialized Family Foster Care to join its Specialized Family Foster Care Program. The foster care staff promote the safety, permanency and well-being of children in foster care.
• Title Bilingual Bachelor's-Level Case Planner, Specialized Family Foster Care
• Location: 825 7th Ave, New York, NY 10019
• Salary: $ 50,000- $55,000 | A bilingual salary differential in the amount is added to the starting base salary.
• Program: Specialized Family Foster Care Program
Description of Responsibilities:
•Provides casework and clinical services to children and families utilizing individual, group and family modalities. Conducts assessments of and coordinates services for a caseload of 11-12 foster children as recommended by NAC’s multidisciplinary treatment team.
•Conducts home and community based visits to families; supports parent/child visits both in person and virtually.
•Works collaboratively with psychiatrists, psychologists, pediatricians, nurses, education specialists and fellow clinicians in a dynamic, strength-based interdisciplinary team model.
•Prepares for and participates in Family Team Conferences and NYC Family Court proceedings.
•Completes ACS and NAC paperwork in a timely manner and ensures that documentation conforms to Agency, City and State regulatory requirements including but not limited to progress notes, court reports and the Family Assessment and Service Plan (FASP).
•Makes adequate use of individual and group supervision, on-site/virtual clinical trainings and mental health in-service.
• Excellent written/verbal communication and organizational skills
• Strong engagement skills
• Proficiency in Spanish is required (and includes a salary differential)