TEMPORARY Associate Clinician
Transition Aged Youth - Crisis Residential Program: Tustin
Employment Status: This a TEMPORARY position, starting September through February 2024, with the ability to potentially remain On-Call for other clinical coverage within the Agency. Will be eligible for health benefits following 2 months of employment.
Schedule: TEMPORARY F/T, On-Call 24/7 for crisis support.
- Provide a therapeutic home-like setting for short-term crisis intervention for adults ages 18-25, with a goal of stabilizing immediate mental health crisis.
- Provide a “safe respite” and immediate services to adults displaying behaviors or a history indicative of Serious Emotional Disturbance, experiencing significant familial conflict, and at-risk of hospitalization and/or out-of-home placement.
- Provide individual, family, and group therapy services to adults, and as needed for after-care follow-up, which include, but are not limited to, clinical assessments with DSM 5 diagnostics, short-term therapy, behavior modification, crisis intervention, linkage to after-care supports, case management and coordination of care under the clinical supervision of a licensed professional.
- Minimum caseload of 6 clients and 100 direct service hours per month.
- Must become LPS designated to write 5150 holds.
- Master’s Degree in counseling, psychology, social work, or related field.
- Knowledge of theory and experience with techniques of individual, family, and group dynamics, behavioral interventions, substance abuse, crisis intervention, trauma-focused and cognitive behavioral approaches.
- Possession of a current intern, associate or license number with the BBS.
- Excellent communication skills, interpersonal and organizational skills.
- First Aid and CPR certifications, health screen, and negative TB test result.
LiveScan fingerprinting and criminal records clearance and compliance with Community Care Licensing Title 22 Adult Residential Facility regulations.
- Ability to work under pressure to meet clients’ needs and organizational deadlines.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Effectively manage crisis situations.
Possession of valid California driver’s license, auto liability insurance, and satisfactory driving record.
- Valid California driver’s license, auto liability insurance, and satisfactory driving record.
Starting pay range: $6,234 per month
Waymakers is a "Public Student Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) qualified employer."
Equal Opportunity Employer
Waymakers is an equal opportunity employer who is committed to and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local laws regarding recruitment and hiring. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state and/or local laws.