Behavioral Health Compliance Manager
The Family Center is a not-for-profit organization providing social and legal services to families affected by life threatening parental illness, absence and loss. The Family Center has been the pioneer in the design and research of healthcare coordination and education, permanency planning, behavioral health and advocacy services that address the myriad of issues that challenge individuals and families. Please visit our website at www.thefamilycenter.org to learn more about our services.
The Behavioral Health Compliance Manager is responsible for ensuring that all agency billable programs remain in compliance with respective governing regulations and protocols. Coordination, completion and reporting results of compliance audit activities, as well as remaining current with OMH and OASAS regulations are the key functions of this position. Reports to the Deputy Executive Director of Behavioral Health and Support Services.
• Report monthly on clinics’ compliance with state regulations, including monitoring of improvement in areas identified as needing remediation
• Develop and implement Quality Assurance and Improvement protocols to maintain/improve engagement and retention of clients, quality of service delivery and client achievement of intended program outcomes
• Assist in developing and implementing a compliance training plan with clear compliance performance objectives for staff
• Conduct case reviews with staff to highlight commonly made documentation errors and provide examples of documentation that meets best-practice standards
• Assist with billing compliance audits
• Assist in analyzing utilization patterns
• Assist in developing policies and programs that encourage staff to report suspected fraud or impropriety without fear of retaliation
• Conduct mock audits and investigations to assess for staff deficiencies and to specifically identify where corrective actions are needed
• Review, investigate and report on all department incidents.
• Re-evaluate areas of previously identified deficiency to assess for improvement
• Periodically advise and update the clinic programs
• Forward communications received relevant to compliance
• Special projects as requested.
• Master’s Degree and license in Social Work or its equivalent
• Minimum three years’ experience providing services in a clinic program
• Experience managing/meeting contractual and regulatory agency mandates
• Demonstrated attention to detail
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
The position is hybrid in office with specified remote days after 30 days.
Salary $70,000 - $80,000
Please email resume with cover letter that includes salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org and put “Behavioral Health Compliance Manager” in subject line.
The Family Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The Family Center is covered under FMLA.