Foster Parent Recruitment Specialist|
New Alternatives for Children, Inc.
View this organization's profile and their additional job openings
<< Go back |
Email Job to a Friend
Save Job to Inbox
||May 19, 2023
||- n/a -
||US - New York - New York
||- n/a -
The Foster Care and Adoption program at NAC seeks permanency for children in care who have special medical and behavioral needs. These children are cared for by specialized foster parents who are recruited, trained, and licensed by NAC’s Homefinding team. As a member of NAC’s Homefinding team, the Foster Parent Recruitment Specialist will enhance NAC’s recruitment activities by assisting in streamlining the licensing process.
• Department: Foster Care and Adoption
• Location: 825 7th Ave, New York, NY 10019
• Position Type: Full-Time
• Salary: $ Bachelor's-Level: $50,000 - $55,000
Master's-Level: $60,000 - $65,000
• Process prospective foster parent inquiries via phone and email.
• Create content for Foster Parent Recruitment Instagram @nacfosterparents.
• Conduct trainings for foster parent applicants and current foster parents.
• Conduct Foster Parent orientations.
• Manage Google Ads campaign for Foster Parent Recruitment.
• Produce outcome reports for the Administration for Children’s Services and agency leadership.
• Assist resource Foster Parent applicants with completing documentation within the Binti licensing platform.
• Process resource parent applications in a timely manner.
• Complete background clearances for resource applicants.
• Assessing applicants’ readiness for fostering a child with special needs.
• Coordinate and attend virtual events in the community to recruit potential foster and adoptive parents.
• Develop and implement recruitment strategies and initiatives for foster families in collaboration with the Foster Parent Recruitment Supervisor.
• Attend weekly and monthly department meetings.
• Participate in ACS led workgroups with other contract agencies.
• Follow up with families to obtain any outstanding required documents.
• Verify compliance of prospective foster homes with federal, state and city regulations.
• Maintain regular contact with active resource applicants and document contacts via case notes.
• Participate in professional development trainings specific to child welfare and the needs of our population.
• Present viable foster parent applicants to the Homefinding Licensing Staff.
• Assist applicants with understanding how children’s developmental stages can impact foster care placement.
• Requires Bachelor's Degree in Social Work and minimum of 2 years of job-related experience. Master's Degree in Social Work preferred;
• Knowledge of OCFS CONNECTIONS system preferred;
• Ability to manage time effectively, multi-task, and determine priorities;
• Possess a high degree of organization and attention to detail; resourceful/solution focused;
• Work hours are generally 9-5pm but must be flexible to meet the needs of working parents;
How to Apply:
Please indicate “Foster Parent Recruitment Specialist” in the subject line when applying. Please submit cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
For information on New Alternatives for Children, Inc., visit our website at www.nackidscan.org
Name: Mary Ann Code
City: New York
State/Province: New York
Country: United States