Program Assistant – Mental Health Services|
Bill Wilson Center
View this organization's profile and their additional job openings
<< Go back |
Email Job to a Friend
Save Job to Inbox
||May 17, 2023
||$26.00 – $27.00 per hour.
||US - California - San Jose
||- n/a -
Our services address the needs of various ages and populations, from children to young adults. Current openings for program assistant are in the following areas:
• Y&F Outpatient Programs: 1671 The Alameda, San Jose CA
• Receive, process, and enter all program referrals into Electronic Health Record (EHR) and required tracking forms.
• Ensure all required intake paperwork is received; complete data entry into Electronic Health Record (EHR) and county data systems and upload required documents.
• Maintain compliance of electronic and paper medical records for the program (including Medi-Cal and HIPAA requirements). Verify patient records for accuracy, completeness, assembly and appropriate signatures.
• Assemble, file and pull client charts as required/requested for the purpose of audit, transfer, records request, etc.
• Complete monthly checks regarding staff clearances and client eligibility.
• Interface with Symed to address any data inconsistencies, corrections, and backouts.
• Receive, process, and track all psychiatric referrals.
• Coordinate with and schedule all initial and follow up psychiatric appointments, as well as psychiatric staff consult meetings. Provide client reminders and follow processes to ensure confirmation and minimize no-shows for psychiatric appointments.
• Support psychiatrist with use of databases for processing lab results and electronic prescriptions/ refills.
• Request records from other providers and upload to chart as requested
• Report quality assurance issues or concerns to Program Director and Manager
• Support new staff with completion of initial credentialing including obtaining NPI and completing required forms/ databases for credentialing.
• Verify staff credentialing forms for accuracy, completeness, assembly and appropriate signatures and submit for approval.
• Ensure approved credentials are appropriately recorded in EHR for ongoing tracking and management. Keep records of all staff’s credentialing and licensures.
• When necessary, greet clients and check their appointment times and notify appropriate staff.
• Respond to all client inquires (whether in person, over the phone, or via email) in a timely manner and ensure proper follow up.
• Ensure facilities/ workspace is well-maintained, neat, and orderly
• Ensures safe work environment and reports any unsafe issues to Facilities Manager
• Support staff in executing clerical processes and troubleshooting facilities/ IT issues as appropriate.
• Order program and office supplies.
• Regular attendance is a requirement of the position.
• Other duties as assigned.
Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience. Experience with Med-Cal programs and billing, knowledge of Electronic Medical Record experience a huge plus! Valid CA drivers license with access to a personal vehicle with current Ins. Fingerprinting, TB test required. Required to be fully vaccinated with booster against COVID-19 (if eligible or agree to receive booster at the time of eligibility)
For consideration, please submit cover letter and resume to:
FAX: (408) 244-4022
Please indicate which job you are applying for in subject line.
For a full job description please visit - http://www.billwilsoncenter.org/bwc_jobs/
Required to be fully vaccinated with booster against COVID-19 (if eligible or agree to receive booster at the time of eligibility)