Licensed Master Social Worker|
Public Health Solutions
<< Go back |
Email Job to a Friend
Save Job to Inbox
||May 12, 2023
||US - New York - Brooklyn
||- n/a -
We are currently seeking a bilingual Licensed Master Social Worker (LMSW) for our Fort Greene location to provide social work and mental health services for patients receiving sexual and reproductive health services at PHS. The LMSW works with patients in a holistic manner that supports their reproductive choice and autonomy and ensures that all patients have the information, resources, and services they need for healthy outcomes. Utilizing a patient-centered and strengths-based model, the Social Worker will also assist patients with practical needs and assist in identifying solutions to issues related to social determinants of health. In addition, the LMSW will offer and provide cognitive behavioral therapy for patients identified with symptoms of depression and/or anxiety.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
1) Functions as a member of the interdisciplinary clinical team.
2) Provides patient-centered reproductive health information and education so that patients feel supported and can make informed choices regarding their own sexual and reproductive health.
3) Ensures that all adolescent patients have an opportunity to discuss the following topics during their clinical visit:
a. Family involvement in reproductive decision-making
b. Behavioral health
c. Pregnancy options (if pregnant)
d. Strategies to prevent reproductive coercion/healthy relationships.
e. Contraceptive care that supports their preferences and autonomy
f. Minor’s rights in sexual health care
4) Screens for depression and anxiety and provides Cognitive Based Therapy (CBT), traditional psychotherapy and/or group-work services to patients.
5) Screens for issues related to social determinants of health and connects patients with onsite and external resources if desired by patient.
6) Assists clinical staff in a variety of different services, including but not limited to, options counseling, mental health support, referral to outside service providers, and supporting patient’s coordination of care.
7) Establishes community mental health linkages to assist with psychiatric alliances and services to patients.
8) Supports patient care quality assurance and quality improvement activities on an on-going basis.
9) When appropriate, represents PHS SRH Centers at external community partner meetings to increase awareness of social work, mental health, and clinical services at PHS SRH’ Centers.
10) Participates in new program implementation concerning social services.
11) When appropriate, acts as a patient advocate to support patient access to hospitals and other community-based agencies.
12) Participates in social work staff meetings, individual and group supervision as per Social Work Office of Professions regulations.
13) Acts as an educational on-site supervisor for social work interns assigned to individual sites.
14) Performs other related activities as deemed appropriate by the Center Director and/or Director of Social Services.
Graduation from an accredited school of social work, as evidenced by a master’s degree.
New York State certification (LMSW/LCSW). One-year provisional license will not be accepted.
At least two years of social work/therapeutic experience in a health, medical or psychiatric care agency.
Ability to provide active license and relevant credentialing documents.
Bilingual in Spanish.