Director of Nursing
Full-time 9AM to 5 PM
The Arc of Union County, Inc. is a non-profit, 501c (3) organization headquartered in Springfield, NJ, dedicated to enriching the lives of individuals of adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
• Develop operational plan for the Associate Designee’s review including but not limited to strategies for facilitating appropriate admissions processes, increasing the quality of clinical service delivery, identification of service recipients who are beyond the scope of our practice.
• Maintain knowledge and operate with a sense of awareness to Healthcare Supports Unit operational goals and objectives and fully vested to their implementation to meet fulfill agency’s strategic plan.
• Oversee the nursing delivery and provide direction, leadership, and oversight to the Clinical Team.
• Oversees Nursing team, works with other directors in coordinating healthcare services, representing Healthcare Supports in vetting referrals and reviews at Admissions Committees and ensuring departmental healthcare changing needs data is recorded timely, intervenes, or follows through on data statics, metrics, and/or results promptly. Assures dashboards are available promptly for administration analysis.
• Ensure that the clinical service delivery is consistent with agency, state, federal and regulatory guidelines.
• Direct all clinical services as per agency scope of practice and provide overall coordination and evaluation.
• Utilize the nursing process to provide high quality evidence-based nursing services to individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities and other associated multimorbidity.
• Master’s degree in nursing required and a current R.N. License.
• 10 or more years’ experience working in a long-term care setting with significant clinical experience in a related field serving individuals with developmental disabilities.
• Maintain Current New Jersey Nurses License by enrolling in CEUs.
• Demonstrate a thorough understanding of knowledge, abilities and skills outlined above. Thorough knowledge of all DDD, CMS, CARF, CQL, Adult Day Habilitation Certification standards and other external regulations and requirements.
• Must be 21 years of age or older. Must have a valid New Jersey driver’s license and abstract (not to exceed 5 points), and ability to meet agency insurability requirements. Complete State/Federal Criminal Background checks and Central Registry checks
Benefits: 401(k); Health, Dental, Vision; Flexible spending account; Life insurance; PTO, Tuition reimbursement; Vision insurance
COVID-19 considerations: All staff are requiring wearing face mask at all Agency premises
Exp: working with individuals with developmental disabilities: 3 yrs (Pref)
License/Cert: RN License (Required). Work Location: One location
Contact: Nixon Oloo. NOloo@arcunion.org