Training and Development Specialist|
Bill Wilson Center
View this organization's profile and their additional job openings
<< Go back |
Email Job to a Friend
Save Job to Inbox
||May 01, 2023
||$80,000.00 - $90,000.00 per yr
||US - California - San Jose
||- n/a -
The Training and Development Specialist will be the primary Trainer in Therapeutic Best Practices and Evidence Based Practices for over 200 BWC employees and will coordinate and track training to ensure compliance with requirements from agency policies and procedures, Santa Clara County Behavioral Health, State Community Care Licensing, CA Code of Regulations and more. The Training and Development Specialist designs, implements and provides individual, on-line and group trainings; networks and collaborates with other agencies within the community to supplement the agency training offerings; and addresses emerging training needs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Create, administer and deliver training programs for new employees and continuing education for current employees that support their professional development
• Provide culturally competent and responsive trainings with specialized focus on the populations we serve such as foster care youth, probation youth, homeless youth and families, LGBTQ and ethnically diverse clients
• Provide Training in Evidenced Based Practices and Promising Practices that include:
o Trauma Informed Care
o Mental Health First Aid
o Motivational Interviewing
o CRAFFT – alcohol and drug screening assessment
o Transformational Care Planning (TCP)
o Therapeutic Crisis Intervention (TCI)
o CANS – Child & Adolescent Needs and Strengths assessment
o RISE – LGBTQ evidence based practice
o 7 Challenges – drug & alcohol treatment program
o WEMWBS – Well-Being assessment
• Participate in the design, implementation, and tracking of individualized staff training plans and coordinate outside agency trainings for all staff working cooperatively with Program Directors and Supervisors.
• Train new Mental Health employees on documentation, billing and treatment planning to ensure use of best practices and compliance with county requirements
• Provide 1:1 coaching and oversight of Mental Health staff during their introductory period as well as who need additional help on their Medi-cal documentation to ensure they are competent in Medi-cal documentation. Develop and maintain criteria that measures staff progress to their central competencies of their position in partnership with MH Managers/Director.
• Update and maintain Training Plans and Modules in the Agency Learning Management platform (Relias), and ensure all trainings completed by staff internally & externally are tracked and accurately entered into the system.
• Develop and maintain the agency wide training calendar, and wherever appropriate, department specific training calendars.
• Update / Maintain the Agency Training Policy & Procedure.
• Coordinate the analysis and continuous quality improvement of the training program via the annual training survey and course evaluations.
• Develop and implement additional training and education, as it relates to Behavioral Health, Residential Services, LGBTQ, Client Cultures and all populations served by Bill Wilson Center
• Other duties as may be assigned.
• Master’s Degree in social work, psychology or counseling plus 2-4 years’ relevant experience developing, implementing and providing trainings. Licensure (LMFT, LCSW, LPPC) or experience with staff development in the areas of child/adolescent behavioral health, transitional aged youth, or related human services field desired.
• Experience working for Medi-Cal Behavioral Health program is highly desired.
• Experience working with culturally diverse youth and families require
For consideration, please submit cover letter and resume to:
FAX: (408) 244-4022
Please indicate which job you are applying for in subject line.
For a full job description please visit - http://www.billwilsoncenter.org/bwc_jobs/
Required to be fully vaccinated with booster against COVID-19 (if eligible or agree to receive booster at the time of eligibility)