Working at Northern Virginia Family Service (NVFS) means doing work that matters every day because of the difference you will make in the lives of children and families in Northern Virginia. NVFS’ breadth, depth and scope of services offer the resources and support to ensure that everyone in need, at every stage of life, maximizes their potential and fully contributes to a thriving community. At NVFS, we value the diversity of backgrounds, experience, perspectives, and skillsets that we collectively provide to our community, clients and coworkers. We celebrate and thrive on our differences and welcome everyone’s unique contributions.
Your Future Team: The Regional Housing Assistance Program provides services to individuals diagnosed with HIV or AIDS in the Northern Virginia Region. This program works in partnership with other nonprofit organizations, Community Service Boards, Continuums of Care and County Housing and Community Development programs. These programs provide direct assistance and supportive services to support safe and stable housing for eligible households.
In this role, you will:
- Maintain responsibility for general administrative support functions to the department to ensure efficient program processes and procedures in support of the assigned program.
- Answer phone calls and respond to requests from clients, landlords, non-profit partners and county staff in a timely manner.
- Gather, verify, evaluate, and submit necessary social, financial, and medical information to determine program eligibility.
- Determine initial and continuing eligibility of households for assigned program.
- Prepare workbook summaries of findings to be used in authorization of eligibility for program, ensuring compliance with applicable programmatic, regulations, policies and
- Determine monthly subsidy payments.
Maintain complete and accurate computerized and/or paper records of client eligibility and prepare reports as required.
- Ensure timely processing of applications to meet client needs and program mandates.
Complete reinvestigations as required by program policy, to ensure continued eligibility for agency services.
Explain and interpret agency policy, procedures, and rules to clients and other individuals.
Inform clients of their rights and procedures for appeal.
- Compose, edit, proofread and distribute memos, letters and general correspondence as needed.
- Follow-up with clients, case managers and landlords as needed.
- Upon review of documentation, compile and prepare financial check requests for appropriate signatures.
Maintain and perform data entry to ensure that clients are - - Ensure maintenance and integrity of database.
- Attend client case conferences.
- Maintain collaboration with Integrated Services Team & Community Support Services.
- Provide support in events planning.
- Prepare and assemble materials for various meetings.
- Maintains files in accordance with program requirements and NVFS guidelines.
- Participate in regular supervision with supervisor by providing regular updates.
- Maintain current level of knowledge on NVFS programs and events.