Safe Parking LA
<< Go back |
Email Job to a Friend
Save Job to Inbox
||Apr 16, 2023
||$25.00 - $26.00 hourly
||US - California - Los Angeles, CA, USA
||- n/a -
Safe Parking LA, a non-profit homeless services organization is looking for a full time Housing Stabilization Specialist. The Housing Stabilization Specialist is responsible for developing and implementing a housing strategy and working with internal and external stakeholders to connect participants to permanent housing, community resources and services to support a successful housing placement. Will also provide aftercare retention support for clients that have been housed for 90 days after securing housing.
RESPONSIBILITITES include the following:
• Conducts regular meetings with participants to develop and implement housing plans/budgets
• Facilitates access to services needed to support housing readiness and reduce impact of barriers
• Research and develops housing resources to support placements. Establishes positive working relationships with landlords within the community
• Strategizes and presents housing leads to participants that include listings from housing authority, internet, and internal database of landlords/management firms/owners
• Provides psychoeducation to participants on how to complete housing applications, searches, and tenant rights and responsibilities
• Engages and assists participants with applying for permanent subsidy or low-income housing assistance programs
• Accompanies participants as needed to housing viewing appointments, move-ins, housing authority appointments, and specific visits to relevant social service agencies that will support with meeting housing plan goals. Provides field-based and street-based direct services.
• Prioritizes and follow-ups with each participant as needed to ensure they are making progress towards their permanent housing goals and access rental and move in assistance
• Provides advocacy to help address issues and barriers between landlords and participants that may prevent move-ins
• Leads after care retention support to clients that have exited into permanent housing by connecting with them at least 3 times within 90 days of their successful exit.
• Ability to work a flexible work schedule, including evenings and weekends as needed
• Additional tasks, projects, and responsibilities as assigned by supervisor
• Bachelor’s degree preferred, must have at least 2 years of related experience
• Experience in real estate or housing market preferred
• Experience assisting low and very-low-income individuals access affordable housing.
• Experience working with homeless individuals preferred.
Knowledge of HUD guidelines
Experience working with subsidized housing programs preferred (Section 8, Shelter Plus Care, Rapid Re-Housing)
Knowledge of best practice models, including Housing First, Mental Health Recovery, Harm Reduction, and Critical Time Intervention
Ability to work well with people of diverse backgrounds
Proficient in laptop use and Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
Bilingual Spanish speaking preferred
Valid California driver's license and properly registered vehicle required.
Hybrid position with remote and on-site work
Self-Care Wellness Time Off
Laptop computer and cell phone provided, and a technology monthly stipend
SPLA offers benefits that include paid holiday, sick time, and vacation, a 403(b) plan, medical, dental, vision, pet insurance, life insurance and flex spending.
COVID 19 Vaccination required, TB Clearance and Live Scan background check are agency requirements