Get to know us: For over 75 years, Green Chimneys a multi-faceted nonprofit organization is helping young people to maximize their full potential by providing residential, educational, clinical, and recreational services, in a safe and supportive environment that nurtures connections with their families, the community, animals, and nature.
Culture: Green Chimneys has built its success through valuing diversity in our workforce and clientele. Our programs are developed to recognize, respect, and respond to the unique, culturally defined needs of persons and families within our service population. We strive to create an inclusive, respectful and equitable environment in order to serve our diverse clients with culturally sensitive services.
Mission: We strive to give our clients support, resources, and the ability to heal through the work of animal-assisted therapy and nature-based learning all while developing the skills and confidence to grow into independent young adults.
Role Overview: Under the direction of the Deputy Executive Director for Campus Programs and with a great deal of independence, is responsible for managing and coordinating the activities, responses and programs of the Integrative Support Services department. The Director is responsible for implementing policies and procedures, trainings and development of programs to assure compliance with state mandates and provide quality care services.
• Develops and oversees departmental budget and maintains expenditures for the Integrative Support Services Department
• Directly supervises and evaluates performance of all supervisors and Manager in the Integrative Support Services Department
• Monitors all aspects of employees’ performance, discipline, and grievances within the department
• Assists in the investigation of all suspected child abuse cases
• Keeps apprised of new developments in the field of child welfare and education by attending conferences and visiting similar programs
• Attends meetings, participates on committees, and meets with other disciplines as required
• Maintains records as required by the Agency and/or as mandated by regulatory agencies
• Makes recommendations for new programs and modifications of existing programs
• Implements new programs and assesses programs for effectiveness
• Assists the fund Development Department in responding to requests for proposals for program development and prepares applications and material for private grants and government funding
• Communicate issues and unusual occurrences to the next level of management in a timely manner
• Assume leadership role on interdisciplinary treatment team that formulates client’s treatment plan and assesses ongoing treatment needs. Participate in weekly Team Business meetings and Case Conferences according to predetermined schedule
• Facilitate supervisors and departmental meetings
• Provide post crisis response interviews and follow-up with any/all staff involved in restraints and/or crises with children.