Housing Retention Specialist - Tipping Point Shallow Subsidy|
Bill Wilson Center
View this organization's profile and their additional job openings
<< Go back |
Email Job to a Friend
Save Job to Inbox
||Mar 29, 2023
||$28.00 per hour
||US - California - San Jose
||- n/a -
The Shallow Subsidy Program guarantees qualified individuals and families who exit Rapid Re-Housing program an additional stipend of $500/month for a total of 12 months for them to use any way they see fit towards sustaining their housing and prevent them from re-entering homelessness. This innovative approach is part of a 2 year pilot to improve permanency outcomes of clients who have completed a Rapid Re-housing program.
The Housing Retention Specialist works directly with identified clients to provided support to ensure that they maintain their housing, employment and self-sufficiency. The Housing Retention Specialist will work with the client to increase their income, help find and retain employment and/or continue their education goals. The Housing Retention Specialist will process monthly financial subsidy paperwork, maintain records and program data and other services as needed to meet program and client needs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Work with Director of Housing to identify clients who qualify for shallow subsidy
• Conduct Well-being assessment at entry of program and in 6 month intervals.
• Assess tenants adult support system ensuring that they have at least 2 permanent connections by end of program
• Prepare and process all required financial documents ensuring clients receive monthly payments for 12 months
• Serve a total of 40 young adults over a 2 year period
• Link young adults to employment services as needed such as Work2Future, JobTrain, San Jose Conservation Corp, NOVA, Center for Employment Opportunities.
• Develop strong partnership with above Work Development agencies
• Provide direct service supports to tenants that support increasing their income or obtaining viable employment
• Provide direct supports and linkages to tenant should they need to change housing location during enrollment in program.
• Follow agency policies and procedures regarding financial documentation and reconciling all requests.
• Meet grant goals as outlined in contract including maintenance of permanent housing at conclusion of 12 month subsidy and employment by end of program.
• Provide tenant budgeting and saving guidance
• Maintain regular contact with clients, monitor progress.
• Monitor progress of youth in program components and facilitate/coordinate access to necessary supportive services, referrals, and community resources.
• Maintain and update detailed, accurate client files and program data (printed and electronic) in compliance with programmatic and funding requirements. Enter data in AWARDS and HMIS as required.
• Attend agency and other program meetings as appropriate.
• Regular attendance is a requirement of the position.
• Other duties as assigned
High School Diploma plus relevant experience or bachelor’s Degree in Counseling, Social Work or related field. Experience working with a culturally diverse population required. Valid California driver’s license with access to a personal vehicle with current ins. that can be used for company business. Fingerprinting/background check as required by the Department of Justice and/or Title XXII regulations. Bilingual (English/Spanish) REQUIRED
For consideration, please submit cover letter and resume to:
FAX: (408) 244-4022
Please indicate which job you are applying for in subject line.
For a full job description please visit - http://www.billwilsoncenter.org/bwc_jobs/
Required to be fully vaccinated with booster against COVID-19 (if eligible or agree to receive booster at the time of eligibility)