Are you an excellent communicator, motivating, and action-oriented behavioral health professional? Are you passionate about helping people make and sustain change in their lives? If so, Bill Wilson Center is currently looking to fill a licensed Clinical Supervisor position opening at our Behavioral Health programs in San Jose, CA to provide clinical supervision to AMFTs, ASWs and APCCs! The ideal candidate has extensive experience in clinical work with child and young adult clients in an outpatient setting; experience with providing clinical supervision, management and leadership; and has knowledge of Medi-Cal regulations. In this position you will be able to work with a passionate and mission driven team with diverse skill sets and will report directly to the Division Director.
The Clinical Supervisor provides clinical supervision, training and support to licensed-waivered, paraprofessional, and intern staff within the Behavioral Health programs in Santa Clara County. This position is responsible for ensuring that all appropriate professional standards, licensing/certification and clinical contract requirements are met. The incumbent is also responsible for assuring Santa Clara County programs and services are culturally proficient/responsive and client-centered.
• Providing individual and group supervision to BBS registered Clinicians as well as paraprofessional and intern staff.
• Ensures clinical treatment is in accordance with legal, ethical, and contractual standards.
• Guides staff in use of evidence-based practices to enhance client functioning and well-being.
• Guides staff in provision of culturally-affirmative services including clients of varying ethnic, linguistic, and cultural backgrounds (i.e. homeless youth, LGBTQ+)
• Provides timely feedback, consultation, and support to supervisees when addressing challenging issues.
• Provides trauma-informed supervision and critical incident support to staff.
• Participates as a member of the BH Division leadership team to contribute toward staff development, development and implementation of policy & procedures, and quality improvement processes.
• Reviews assessment and treatment planning documents, providing feedback and corrections to ensure services are aligned with client needs and best practices.
• Participation in the recommendations, design and implementation of evidence based models and best practices.
• In collaboration with agency trainer, develops and implements clinical training for new hire and ongoing staff.
• Provide live supervision on a quarterly basis to all staff.
• Maintain awareness of and support leadership initiatives related to staff stressors and morale.
• Attend Santa Clara County BHSD meetings as needed in lieu of supervisors/ managers.
• Participate in after-hours crisis line supervisor rotation.
• Must be available after hours as needed to respond to facility or clinical emergencies, outstanding crisis or events precipitating an incident report.
• Work with QA/QI Manager and participate in Quality Records Reviews and Peer Chart Review processes