Concern Housing offers a generous benefit package which includes; Medical Insurance (Agency pays 80% of the premium), Affordable Voluntary Dental and Vision Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, Agency Sponsored Retirement Plan, Employee Sponsored 403(b) Retirement Plan, Agency Sponsored Life Insurance Coverage and an Excellent Paid Time Off Package. Concern encourages employee growth, offering Educational Assistance and Scholarship Programs, Licensure Reimbursement and Possible Internship/Clinical Supervision. Referral Bonuses are also available!
Position: Medication Manager
Location: Coney Island/Brooklyn
Schedule: Monday-Friday; 8am-4pm
Concern Housing is seeking a Medication Manager who will be responsible for providing oversight and monitoring for the supportive tenants’ medications; education regarding medications; linkage with appropriate resources and supportive case management services.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Provide medication monitoring at the sites for identified tenants who are in need of this service.
• Assess tenant ‘needs to determine frequency of medication monitoring.
• Provide education and resource information regarding medication.
• Provide education and resource information promoting wellness.
• If appropriate, assess and help prepare tenants to monitor and take their medications independently.
• Provide individual counseling and support services; responsible for all documentation.
• Attendance at weekly supervision and staff meetings.
• Perform medication counts: Daily for controlled substance, weekly for all other medications. Reports discrepancies
immediately to supervisor; completes all corresponding documentation.
• Flexibility in scheduling.
• Order and ensure that all medications are on site and all medication orders are present and accurate.
• Ensure that all medications are being stored and monitored in compliance with all regulatory agencies.
• Remain current with all Agency required compliance documents and trainings.
Requirements: Bachelor’s Degree in Psychology, Rehabilitation, Social Work or other related mental health discipline, plus 2 years’ experience working with a psychiatric population. A working knowledge of psychotropic medications is also required. This individual must have good verbal and written communication skills as well as the ability to make sound judgments regarding client care.