Case Manager - Transitional Housing Program|
Bill Wilson Center
View this organization's profile and their additional job openings
<< Go back |
Email Job to a Friend
Save Job to Inbox
||Apr 28, 2023
||$24.00 - $27.00 per hour
||US - California - San Jose
||- n/a -
Under the supervision of the Program Director, the Case Manager is responsible for providing general case management around education; housing, parenting, supportive counseling and connections to needed resources and services to clients in preparation for independent living.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Intake and assessment services.
• Provide case management services to young parents in program.
• Assist young adults in skills-building including independent living skills and parenting skills.
• Assist young adults with developing educational and vocational plans.
• Assist young adults with locating appropriate child care resources and making arrangements for the proper care of their children.
• Provide referral assistance to legal services (BALA), health services, drug and alcohol services and mental health services.
• Assist young adults in developing and implementing an Individualized Case Plan to meet long-term housing and independent living needs.
• Utilize community resources to meet needs of young adults in the program.
• Monitor Clients housing conditions (residence) to ensure safety and/or cleanliness issues are addressed in a timely manner. Case Managers are responsible for monitoring chores and ensuring homes are clean and working order. Report maintenance issues to manager or Facilities Manager immediately.
• Work with outside agencies to ensure quality of care for young adults and their children.
• Transport clients to appointments, meetings, etc. as needed.
• Supervises a Resident Mentor and volunteers assigned to the program.
• Approve visitors and visitor passes – inform visitors of house rules.
• Approve and sign overnight passes.
• Search bedrooms randomly and on suspicion of significant safety concerns, address residents about these concerns as needed.
• Participate in afterhours and weekend On-call rotation
• Assist with crisis intervention
• Facilitate weekly psycho/educational parenting groups and house meetings
• Participate in agency and program meeting as well as attend training sessions as required
• Participate in Quality Assurance/Quality Improvement activities
• Maintain client files and data to agency standards including paper and electronic files (AWARDS). Complete reports as appropriate.
• Follow agency protocols and procedures regarding accounting and financial requests ensuring all expenses are approved and have back up documentation
• Must be able to communicate effectively, get along with coworkers and management and deal effectively and professionally under pressure.
• Participate in ensuring safe work environment and proactively report safety issues to management immediately.
• Regular attendance is a requirement of the position.
• Other duties as assigned.
Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience. Ability to balance excellent client care with meeting deadlines and ensuring positive program goals and outcomes. Experience providing services to clients of various backgrounds or sexual identity. An understanding of humility and respect for working with homeless youth and families. Valid CA drivers license with access to a personal vehicle with current Ins. Fingerprinting, TB test required.
For consideration, please submit cover letter and resume to:
FAX: (408) 244-4022
Please indicate which job you are applying for in subject line.
For a full job description please visit - http://www.billwilsoncenter.org/bwc_jobs/
Required to be fully vaccinated with booster against COVID-19 (if eligible or agree to receive booster at the time of eligibility)