THP PLUS Housing Navigator and Maintenance Program|
Bill Wilson Center
View this organization's profile and their additional job openings
<< Go back |
Email Job to a Friend
Save Job to Inbox
||Mar 09, 2023
||$25.00 - $30.00 per hour
||US - California - San Jose
||- n/a -
Bill Wilson Center’s Housing Navigator for THP+ will assist young adults ages 18 – 25 who are current or former foster youth to secure housing. Clients will be referred to the Housing Navigator by Santa Clara County Social Workers or other agencies serving foster youth. The position will be located at The HUB in San Jose and will report to the HUB/ILP Program Manager.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Identify appropriate housing in the community for clients that is aligned with their needs and goals. This will include SILP or THP+ Non-Minor Dependent (NMD) placements.
• Collaborate with NMD Social Workers to identify what is needed for and approved placement for an NMD youth.
• Provide direct assistance to clients with housing search.
• Collaborate with Bill Wilson Center and First Place for Youth staff to locate and maximize available THP+ Non Minor Dependent housing.
• Develop and maintain inventory of appropriate housing units for clients and their families.
• Engage landlords to build and sustain relationships with Bill Wilson Center and our clients.
• Network with landlords, renter’s associations, property management businesses, and county wide housing providers.
• Guide and educate clients on how to search for, secure and maintain permanent affordable housing, including tenant/landlord rights and responsibilities.
• Provide assistance to clients with completing housing forms, applications and obtaining required verifications to determine eligibility for housing.
• Work with youth to complete a VI-SPDAT to ensure entry in the County’s Housing Management Information System (HMIS).
• Collaborate with youth’s Social Worker or Case Manager to ensure youth is supported in their new housing.
• Coordinate services and/or linkages to resources at The HUB and in the community
• Utilize ETO to enter service transactions and data needed for reports.
• Assist Program Manager with the completion of any reports.
• Ensure that site is neat and tidy and report all maintenance or safety issues to manager or Facilities Manager immediately.
• Regular attendance is a requirement of the position.
• Work closely with the County to connect eligible clients to the Family Unification Program and other programs with the Office of Supportive Housing.
• Maintain regular contact and meet monthly with the THP PLUS Aftercare social worker to assist youth in getting on the waitlist and to get access to housing services.
• Attend mandatory team meetings.
• Other duties may be assigned.
Real estate or Property Management experience desired. Knowledge of housing availability in Santa Clara County required. Relationships with landlords/apartments/etc highly desired. Driving is a requirement of the job - must have possession of current CA driver’s license, access to a vehicle and personal automobile insurance.
For consideration, please submit cover letter and resume to:
FAX: (408) 244-4022
Please indicate which job you are applying for in subject line.
For a full job description please visit - http://www.billwilsoncenter.org/bwc_jobs/
Required to be fully vaccinated with booster against COVID-19 (if eligible or agree to receive booster at the time of eligibility)