Case Manager – Transitional Housing to Rapid Re-Housing|
Bill Wilson Center
View this organization's profile and their additional job openings
<< Go back |
Email Job to a Friend
Save Job to Inbox
||Apr 26, 2023
||$24.00 - $27.00 per hr
||US - California - San Jose
||- n/a -
The Case Manager provides intensive case management services for young adults ages 18-25. Services provided center primarily around strengthening independent living skills and housing permanency along with career and education development.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Receive referrals from Community Queue and verify household meets eligibility criteria
• Intake and assessment services to the identify needs and strengths of the referred families for services using VI-SPDAT.
• Assist participants in finding and maintaining gainful employment and/or education plans
• Provide case management services on an ongoing basis to young adults in program.
• Assist young adults in skill-building including independent living skills and parenting skills as applicable.
• Assist young adults with developing permanent housing plans. Assist and support young adults with housing searches, housing placement and other activities.
• Assist young adults in maintaining permanent housing once achieved.
• Develop relationships with landlords and provide mediation between landlords and young adults as needed.
• Work with outside agencies to ensure quality of care for young adults. Utilize community resources to meet needs of young adults in the program.
• Provide referral assistance to legal services, health services, drug and alcohol services and mental health services.
• Assist young adults in developing and implementing an "Individualized Program Plan" to meet long-term housing and independent living needs.
• Maintain client files to agency standards including paper and electronic files (AWARDS). Maintain statistical data and complete reports as appropriate.
• Follow agency protocols and procedures regarding accounting and financial requests ensuring all expenses are approved and have back up documentation
• Attend agency and other program meetings as appropriate.
• Must be able to communicate effectively, get along with coworkers and management and deal effectively and professionally under pressure.
• Monitor young adults housing conditions (residence) to ensure safety and/or cleanliness issues are addressed in a timely manner.
• Case Managers are responsible for monitoring chores and ensuring homes are clean and working order. Report maintenance issues to manager or Facilities Manager immediately.
• Ensure cleanliness and tidiness at THP office sites.
• Participate in program afterhours on-call rotation
• Participate in agency Program Quality Improvement Activities and Initiatives
• Participate in agency Safety initiatives and proactively report safety issues to management immediately.
• Regular attendance is a requirement of the position.
• Other duties may be assigned.
Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work preferred or 1 to 2 years related experience. Experience working with culturally diverse youth required. Valid CA drivers license with access to a personal vehicle with current Ins. Fingerprinting, TB test required. Required to be fully vaccinated with booster against COVID-19 (if eligible or agree to receive booster at the time of eligibility)
For consideration, please submit cover letter and resume to:
FAX: (408) 244-4022
Please indicate which job you are applying for in subject line.
For a full job description please visit - http://www.billwilsoncenter.org/bwc_jobs/
Required to be fully vaccinated with booster against COVID-19 (if eligible or agree to receive booster at the time of eligibility)