Deputy Director of Operations
The Department of Children and Families, Division of Child Protection and Permanency (DCP&P) seeks an experienced individual to assist the DCP&P Assistant Commissioner and other Officers in accomplishing its mission, to support families by providing efficient and effective management supports.
The Deputy Director (DD) supports and conducts daily operations and provides oversight of Division programs, policies and operations in accordance with State and Federal guidelines. Analyze and/or coordinate the analysis of proposed policy, legislation of programs, Administrative Orders, Executive Orders and rules affecting the Division, with emphasis on the administrative and budget implications of specific changes or additions impacting on programs and functions within the purview of the DCP&P Assistant Commissioner. This position oversees the management of the State Central Registry Office (SCR), 24-hour operation.
SPECIAL NOTE: Position reports into Trenton, NJ, but physical location of the position is flexible, depending on where the selected candidate resides.
* Liaison with the Training Consortium (University partners and the DCF Training Academy). Attends consortium meetings monthly, reviews curriculum and provides feedback.
* Liaison to the Office of Adolescent Services (OAS). Collaborate and partner on: grants, new initiatives, case conferences, attends Adolescent Practice Initiatives (API) meetings monthly and support implementation of OAS programming in DCP&P field offices.
* Support Assistant Area Directors (AAD) and Area Quality Coordinators (AQC)
* Participates in Qualitative Review (QR)s across the state.
* Participate in administrative planning for the Division
* Recommend strategies for addressing issues and problems related to programs and functions.
* Monitor the quality & fidelity of the case practice model in partnership with the Office of Performance Management & Accountability.
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s required; Master’s in Social Work or related field preferred.
EXPERIENCE: At least 8 years of social service experience which should include substantive experience in the management and leadership of social service program, 3 years of which shall have involved management responsibilities, including personnel, policy, budget and fiscal accountability and oversight.
SAME APPLICANTS: If applying under the NJ “SAME” program, your supporting documents (Schedule A or B letter), must be submitted along with your resume by the closing date indicated above. For information on the SAME Program visit their Website at: https://nj.gov/csc/same/overview/index.shtml , email: SAME@csc.nj.gov , or call CSC at (833) 691-0404.
TO APPLY: Submit a cover letter and resume as a single PDF document, saving the file by your Last Name, First Name. Indicate in your cover letter the Posting # and where you found this job opportunity. Send the file to:
Equal Opportunity Employer