For over 117 years, Catholic Charities Brooklyn and Queens has been providing quality social services to the neighborhoods of Brooklyn and Queens, and currently offers 160-plus programs and services for children, youth, adults, seniors, and those struggling with mental illness.
STATEMENT OF THE JOB:
The Housing Wellness Coordinator works as an integral member of Supportive Housing Programs for seniors. The. Housing Wellness Coordinator is responsible for providing a range of on-site wellness services that meet the behavioral health and social needs of residents.
The Housing Wellness Coordinator is responsible for meeting & assessing building tenants and developing & implementing appropriate and effective communal and individual wellness activities that support residents as they age in place. Under the supervision of a licensed clinician, the Housing Wellness Coordinator will provide in depth supportive counseling and groups to residents. The goal is to support residents in maintaining permanent affordable housing. The Housing Wellness Coordinator will play an integral role ensuring that residents can age in place with dignity.
* Conduct and prepare assessments, case logs, documents case notes, care plans for tenants.
• Establish and maintain contacts with families, social service support agencies, and health facilities.
• Assesses residents for their needs and develops and implements service plans
• Provide counseling, behavioral interventions, restorative services, assistance in negotiating community activities and crisis management services.
• Develops wellness goals and activities with the input of residents and other staff.
• Work through team approach in partnership with building property management and maintenance staff to identify and respond to residents in need.
• Models positive advocacy and helps resident self-advocate with community service providers when appropriate.
• Complete documentation, both paper and electronic forms in a timely manner.
• Provide ongoing, active outreach and creative engagement of residents.
• Respond to emergency situations on site and provide crisis intervention.
• Maintain contact and follow-up with service providers put in place for residents such as Adult Protective Services and/or outpatient treatment services.
• Strictly adhere to and enforce all the Agency policies regarding Confidentiality and Corporate Compliance regulations and maintain compliance with HIPAA regulations.
• Accompany residents to face to face meetings as requested by the resident.
• Attend staff meetings, agency meetings, workshops, classes, & in-service trainings on a regular basis to maintain current information on eligibility requirements for all basic entitlements.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Human Services, Sociology, Psychology, Social Work or related field
• Two years’ experience working in housing, mental health, senior and/or elderly populations or related fields.
• Excellent organizational, verbal, & written communication skills.
• Computer literate, including experience with all Microsoft Office software packages, local area networks, and the Internet
• Ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
• Bi-Lingual Chinese/Korean/Spanish/English Preferred.
• Regularly required to talk, hear, walk, stand, & sit.
• Able to climb stairs if necessary.
• Ability to lift up to 10lbs.