Life Skills Coach/Residential Counselor|
Bill Wilson Center
View this organization's profile and their additional job openings
<< Go back |
Email Job to a Friend
Save Job to Inbox
||Mar 02, 2023
||$25.00 per hour
||US - California - San Jose
||- n/a -
Under the supervision of the Program Supervisor, the Life Skills Coach/Residential Counselor coaches, trains, cares for and supervises families housed in Young Adult Family Shelter and Non Traditional Families program by performing the following essential duties and responsibilities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Assist in orientation of homeless young adults and families.
• Provides life skills coaching, supervision, and care for young adults and their families in the young adult family shelter program and nontraditional families program.
• Serves as an appropriate role model for young adults and their families
• Handle crisis situations as they may arise.
• Provide individual support to residents as needed, as well group activities such as cooking classes, parenting coaching, interview coaching and developing other life skills.
• Complete shift reports daily.
• Completes documentation in AWARDS and through shift summaries regarding client issues/progress timely and accurately.
• Ensure safety of young adults and families in programs.
• Must be able to communicate effectively (orally and in writing), get along with co-workers, clients and management and deal effectively and professionally under pressure
• Collaborates with other staff to support clients by designing relevant life skills support that will allow clients to address current issues or challenges.
• Gives instructions to clients regarding desirable health and personal habits.
• Support program structure, communicate with clients if structure is not being followed, follow-up with consistently and as appropriate.
• Attend agency meetings as appropriate
• Maintains statistics and records as required – data entry of program statistics.
• Positions are day, overnight or swing shift and require flexibility of schedule
• Participate in agency safety initiatives and ensure that BWC site is neat and tidy and report all maintenance or safety issues to manager or Facilities Manager immediately.
• Regular attendance and punctuality is a requirement of the position.
• Participate in agency Program Quality Improvement activities and initiatives
• Attend and complete trainings as required.
• Other duties as assigned.
Bachelor preferred; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Experience with Med-Cal programs and billing, knowledge of County UNICARE billing system and Electronic Medical Record experience a huge plus! Valid CA drivers license w/access to a personal vehicle with current Ins Fingerprinting, TB test, CPR/First Aid required.
For consideration, please submit cover letter and resume to:
FAX: (408) 244-4022
Please indicate which job you are applying for in subject line.
For a full job description please visit - http://www.billwilsoncenter.org/bwc_jobs/
Required to be fully vaccinated with booster against COVID-19 (if eligible or agree to receive booster at the time of eligibility)