Crisis Management Intervention Specialist|
Bill Wilson Center
View this organization's profile and their additional job openings
<< Go back |
Email Job to a Friend
Save Job to Inbox
||Apr 28, 2023
||$82,000.00 - $90,000.00 per yr
||US - California - San Jose
||- n/a -
Crisis Management Intervention Specialist will determine risk of harm and appropriate levels of care for services and referrals in response to crisis. The intervention specialist will also support around psych-social assessments, 5150 assessment, substance use crises, de-escalation and other levels of care as needed to maintain quality services to current and former foster youth ages 15-24 engaged in ILP and Hub services. Will also partner with law enforcement as needed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Conduct assessments, evaluations, and interventions for current and former foster youth
• Provide support to youth who have witnessed and/or experienced traumatic grief, loss, or a tragic event
• Perform brief crisis intervention counseling with youth
• Develop client safety plans
• Initiates 5150s per policies and procedures, as needed
• Use client centered and client empowering TCP approach, will provide assistance to youth in treatment planning to develop an “Individualized Treatment Plan”
• Provide skill-based and solution-oriented focused care
• Maintain and practices techniques for dealing with emotional problems and environmental stimuli to help clients
• Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with people of diverse backgrounds and cultures
• Prepares and completes mandated reports, case summaries, correspondence, and other written materials
• Collaborate with ILP Case Managers, DFCS, and other community partners to link youth to services that will enhance their functioning and positive outcomes
• Maintain statistical data and complete reports as appropriate.
• Participate in Quality Improvement/Quality Assurance activities and initiatives
• Attend agency and other program meetings as appropriate.
• Must be able to communicate effectively, get along with coworkers and management and deal effectively and professionally under pressure.
• Participate in agency Program Quality Improvement Activities and initiatives
• Participate in agency Safety initiatives and proactively report safety issues to management immediately
• Regular attendance is a requirement of the position.
• Other duties as assigned.
Masters 4yrs exp and/or training; or equivalent combination of education & exp. Knowledge of needs of runaway, homeless & street youth & exp working w/culturally diverse youth & families required. Knowledge of SCC MH systems & documentation procedures. Valid CA drivers license w/access to a vehicle w/current Ins. Fingerprinting, TB test. Required to be fully vaccinated w/booster against COVID-19 (if eligible agree to receive booster at the time of eligibility) Bilingual (Eng/Span) DESIRED.
For consideration, please submit cover letter and resume to:
FAX: (408) 244-4022
Please indicate which job you are applying for in subject line.
For a full job description please visit - http://www.billwilsoncenter.org/bwc_jobs/
Required to be fully vaccinated with booster against COVID-19 (if eligible or agree to receive booster at the time of eligibility)