For over 117 years, Catholic Charities Brooklyn and Queens has been providing quality social services to the neighborhoods of Brooklyn and Queens, and currently offers 160-plus programs and services for children, youth, adults, seniors, and those struggling with mental illness.
STATEMENT OF THE JOB:
Under the direction of the Clinical Director, the Social Worker renders full range of clinical, rehabilitative, recovery, case management and support services to MI clients. The Social Worker works in collaboration with the client and staff to ensure treatment adherence by monitoring medication, reminding clients of appointments, offering health care escorts, & making necessary referrals.
* Conduct intake (including communicating/coordinating with government and community partners).
* Ensure that the tenant population has access to service according to contractual requirements and the Agency’s Mission.
* Develop comprehensive wellness and service plans to meet needs of tenants
* Provide consultation for case management staff and leadership for care coordination with on and off-site service partners; ensure all documentation meets agency and funding source requirements.
* Follow-up on referrals made on behalf of the consumer/family and respond to all referrals in a timely and professional manner, recognizing the need for effective collaboration in order to ensure the highest levels of service provision.
* Participate in cross-program service reviews, support and planning, and coordination of service delivery and service closure.
* Identify need/interest and developing and facilitating groups as well as adult education workshops using rehabilitation recovery model.
* Participate in training opportunities as assigned.
* Masters Degree in social work or related field/MSW preferred.
* Experience with homeless, mentally ill, MICA, geriatric populations.
* Excellent oral and written communication skills.
* Bi-lingual Spanish/English preferred.
* Able to lift up to 10 pounds.
* Able to climb stairs and make home visits.
* We offer competitive salary and excellent benefits including:
* Generous time off (Vacation/ Personal Days/ Sick Days/ Paid Holidays annually)
* Retirement Savings with Agency Match
* Flexible Spending Account
* Life insurance
* Public Loan Forgiveness Qualified Employer
* Training Series and other additional voluntary benefits.
For more information on our organization, please visit our website at: www.ccbq.org EOE/AA.