Assistant Division Director
The NJ Department of Children and Families seeks a proven leader to serve as the Assistant Division Director of the Office of Training and Professional Development. Position will be located in New Brunswick, NJ and may be eligible to work remotely for up to two days in a calendar week.
Direct staff and activities of an operational unit responsible for providing general administrative and/or fiscal management activities, program policy and planning services, or varied social, medical, assistance, health care, and other services to a specific client population; does other related duties as required.
This position will oversee the following OTPD initiatives:
* DCF’s Learning Management System, Project Plan, and emerging Continuous Quality Improvement (CQI) process.
* Instructional design processes and learning products designed for DCF operations.
* Instructional design and delivery deliverables through various service contracts.
* Evolving competency-based learning pathways and transfer of learning processes and strategies.
* Curriculum maintenance (e.g. policy integration, organization and collection of materials, trainer curriculum access, standardization).
Preferred candidates will be able to demonstrate experience, skills and knowledge related to:
* Leadership, supervisory and coaching practices
* Adult learning theory
* Instructional design processes
* Implementing hybrid learning experiences
* Transfer of learning
* Methods/process related to instructional technologies (including e-learning)
* The Moodle platform and Articulate 360
* Training and facilitation competencies and standards
* Project Management
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s from an accredited college or university.
EXPERIENCE: 6 yrs experience in a public or private organization involved in programs providing either social/community, medical/health, rehabilitation/education, or vocational/occupational services to a specific client population (mentally/physically handicapped, developmentally disabled, juvenile offenders, socially/economically disadvantaged), OR 6 yrs of experience as an administrator involving planning, budgets and administration of programs in a large public or private agency, 3 yrs of which shall have been in a supervisory capacity.
RESUME NOTE: Eligibility determinations will be based upon information presented on the resume only. Applicants who possess a degree from a college or university outside the US must provide an evaluation of one’s transcripts from a recognized evaluation service at the time of submission by the above closing date. Failure to do so may result in your ineligibility.
RESIDENCY LAW: Refer to the New Jersey Department of Children and Families’ website at www.state.nj.us/dcf.
TO APPLY: Submit a cover letter and resume as a single PDF document, saving the file by your Last Name, First Name. Indicate in your cover letter the Posting # and where you found this job opportunity. Send the file to: