Midwest Adoption Center (MAC) serves individuals touched by foster care and adoption who are seeking information about themselves or connection with relatives from whom they were separated.
We are seeking a full-time worker in the DCFS Closed File Information and Search program. This is a unique social service position. While you will rarely work face-to-face with your clients, your work can have a profound impact on their lives. Many of our clients wonder what happened that led to their placement in DCFS, whether they have relatives ‘out there,’ or what happened to their siblings. Hundreds of searches are completed each year, helping connect our clients with birth family members.
Your responsibilities will include:
• extracting information from closed DCFS files for a templated report or redacting PDF case files
• identifying and locating sought after birth relatives
• facilitating whatever connection is desired by both parties
• providing support to all involved regarding difficult file information and/or the search/connection process
Other daily tasks include working within the agency’s database to maintain precise records and keep track of case progress as well as weekly reporting to a supervisor.
• Work-life balance
• Generous benefit package
• Small agency environment
• LCSW supervision
• No on-call coverage
• No field travel
• Ability to eventually work from home
Read more about this program on our website: www.macadopt.org.