The Drop In Center (DIC) Program Supervisor manages the day-to-day operations of the program, establishing a supportive and welcoming atmosphere for homeless street youth receiving services by performing the following duties and responsibilities within the Vision, Mission and Guiding Principles of BWC:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws (interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; teambuilding; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems).
• Develop, coordinate, plan and implement Drop In Center services for homeless street youth including outreach, basic needs, case management, behavioral health services, crisis management, employment and education assistance, substance abuse counseling, advocacy and housing assistance
• Organizes activities and life skills groups to prepare clients for self sufficiency in alignment with grant goals and outcomes.
• Has understanding and assists Director in managing DIC program contracts and ensure all fiscal and programmatic requirements are met
• In partnership with Director, ensures DIC operates within fiscal requirements, reviews budgets and other financial reports. Ensures financial reports and documentation is submitted in a timely fashion.
• Organizes day to day basic needs activities and staff supervision to include meal distribution, laundry facilities, showers, clothing, storage and other basic needs of clients
• Participates in strategic planning, operations and other agency meetings as appropriate
• Other duties as assigned