Case Manager – THPP|
Bill Wilson Center
View this organization's profile and their additional job openings
<< Go back |
Email Job to a Friend
Save Job to Inbox
||Nov 03, 2022
||$27.00 - $30.00 per hour
||US - California - Santa Clara
||- n/a -
The Case Manager for THPP works directly with foster care youth (16 yrs-18 yrs) and foster care young parents to support them in all life domains that prepare them for independence and self-sufficiency. The Case Manager has a small caseload of up to 12 youth who are living in residential homes throughout Santa Clara County, attending school and/or employment learning life skills of shopping, meal preparation, maintaining a home, sharing space with other while focusing on higher education, careers, well-being, making permanent connections with caring adults, managing their health and dental care, and for some, parenting skills.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Complete assessments and intakes on new youth being admitted into THPP
• Develop Needs and Service plan goals with youth within first 30 days of their admit and update every 6 months thereafter. Support youth in reaching desired goals
• Assist young adults in skills building including independent living skills and , if applicable, parenting skills.
• Encourage, motivate and support youth in attaining their high school diploma with option to attend community college or state university
• Assist young adults with how to become gainfully employed, build resume, and all other skills needed toward being successfully employed
• Support young adult with any other vocational or career paths.
• Assists young adult with budgeting, banking and money management
• Assist parenting young adults with child care arrangements.
• Ensures that homes are within Title XXII compliance and in good repair
• Documentation of all assessments, treatment plans and contacts in electronic health care record
• Provide referral assistance to legal services (LACY), health services, drug and alcohol services and mental health services or other linkages as needed
• Utilize community resources to meet needs of young adult in the program.
• Assist with interviews, training and maintenance of House Monitors
• Maintain effective communication with placement workers through DFCS or Probation Departments
• Provides Aftercare services to young adults post discharge
• Participate in agency Program Quality Improvement activities and initiatives
• Participate in agency Safety initiatives and proactively report safety issues to management immediately
• Other duties may be assigned.
Masters (M.A.) in Counseling Psychology or other Behavioral Health field plus 2 years of relevant case management experience. In absence of Master’s degree, a Bachelor’s degree in Social Sciences with at least one-year enrollment in Master’s program can be considered Valid CA drivers license w/access to a personal vehicle with current Ins Fingerprinting, TB test, CPR/First Aid required.
For consideration, please submit cover letter and resume to:
FAX: (408) 244-4022
Please indicate which job you are applying for in subject line.
For a full job description please visit - http://www.billwilsoncenter.org/bwc_jobs/
Required to be fully vaccinated with booster against COVID-19 (if eligible or agree to receive booster at the time of eligibility)