Human Resources Manager is responsible for managing the day-to-day operations of Human Resources which include: recruitment, HRIS processing (new hires, status changes, employee benefits, payroll deductions, etc.), benefits administration, participate in employee relations meetings, conduct new employee/benefits orientation, personnel file maintenance/audits/verifications of employment, etc.
Specific Job duties:
• Responsible for recruitment task which include: job advertisement placement, interviewing, and selection; review application for employment and resume' for qualifications and completeness, forward such to Human Resources Director and Hiring Manager and schedule an interview.
• Maintain (HRIS) Human Resources Information System which includes: new hires, status changes, employee benefits deduction, payroll, applicant tracking, etc. Work with Finance Department to complete payroll and employee benefits related tasks.
• Handle pre-employment process of potential hires, coordinate background screenings; and on-boarding process of new hires which include: completion of new hire documents, employee photo ID badges, etc. Conduct New Employee and Benefits Orientation; prepare new hire packets and employee benefits enrollment information. Communicate with employee and benefits carriers on related issues reported.
• Conduct Exit Interviews and compiles report to Human Resources Director for review and discussion with Management.
• Participate in employee relations meetings with employee and supervisor; may investigate and compile information to forward to Human Resources Director for review and resolution.
• Reconcile monthly employee benefits billing statements; maintain such record for reconciliation purposes.
• Maintain, establish, develop departmental filing system which include: personnel file, employee benefits, (I-9)-Employment Eligibility Documents, OMV-Personal Vehicle Insurance Documents, etc. Track and ensure such information is in compliance with "PIC" and outside regulatory bodies; handle all written and verbal employment verifications.
• Represent Human Resources in Safety Committee (Safety/Evacuation Plan, IIPP (Injury, Illness, and Prevention Program); work with Compliance by communicating with management and employees as needed.